
Math U See: Lessons 20 & 21
All About Spelling Level 2: Steps 24 & 25- we are finished!
BJU English: Chapter 4. This was another writing chapter and Senior learned how to write step-by-step instructions using time order words ;-)
Reading: Yet another rich book basket unit. Here is just one of the book basket books that Senior enjoyed.
This unit had so many great books to choose from for Senior's reading assignments. Week #7, he read Paddle-to-the-Sea.
This week, he read Owls in the Family. This was not his favorite book but he still made it through.
We are finishing up our read aloud on Cameron Townsend. I was surprised at how much Senior enjoyed this book. He actually asked if he could read it on his own at bedtime- yeah! I love that we are learning about these amazing missionaries this year.
ECC Bible: Our prayer focus has been the people of Garifuna & Greenland. In addition to continuing to read through Matthew, Senior studied the qualities of William and Catherine Booth and George Muller.ECC Geography: Again I didn't snap many pictures of the book work associated with Canada but Senior enjoyed learning many facts of the country.
The second week, was a quick overview of plants and animal reproduction (we just skimmed this information). MFW scheduled a quick experiment with celery. The stalk on the left (red) has had most of the xylem removed. The results were VERY clear even by the end of day 1.I am linking up to MFW: Highlights @ 2 Ladybugs and a Lizard.




The soap carvings turned out great! I wish we would have been able to try our hand at making igloos, but we could not find sugar cubes anywhere :-/ I wonder if a feed store would have had them? Oh well. Looks like y'all had a wonderful week :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun unit! Carving soap sounds like fun. I don't think boys need much of an excuse to climb a tree:) Blessings to you!
ReplyDeleteyour carvings turned out wonderful!! i love boys in trees :) it always makes me smile!
ReplyDeleteI love reading about your weeks --- and seeing all your pics.
ReplyDeleteWe had to take some time off for church work - but we're back to the books and learning about Brazil this week!
Happy Homeschooling to you!
You guys had to some fun hands on learning! Thanks for linking up and sharing!
ReplyDelete