Sunday, October 23, 2011

Tot School~ ABCJLM "J", "K", and Fall

Gator-Tot is 3 years 2 months
Freshman is 21 months

Tot School

ABC Jesus Loves Me

"J" Week

Our "J" week, was one of those kind of weeks where you are so happy just to get the basics in. We never even got to our "J" collage :-( This is what it looked like by the end.

Highlights: All of the boys loved learning about our Bible story - The Calling of Samuel. Gator-Tot would just giggle at the "Samuel, Samuel, Samuel" part- I don't why that was so funny to him ;-)

Here are the "J" books from the week.

I didn't get many pictures but here is one I did manage to snap.

This week was one of the first writing practices for G-Tot. He started out with vertical lines and did really well.


"K" Week

We got a little more work done on our "K" week. For our "K" craft, we made rubbings of keys.

We only focused on a few "K" books this week (it may have been due to the fact that mommy forgot to order them from the library).


The Bible story this week was "David and Goliath" so of course the boys watched Dave and the Giant Pickle.

I pulled out some puzzles for G-Tot this week and he is getting better each time.

I think the boys played with homemade pumpkin scented playdough everyday.

Fine motor practice this week was horizontal lines.


"Fall"

Over the past two weeks we have been working on some fall activities. Here are just a few of the fall books we have all over the house.


This is a file folder game a printed off last year from 2 Teaching Mommies.

Here are just a few pictures of Gator-Tot working on the Fall Fun pack from Homeschool Creations.


Of course we had to go out and explore the changes all around us.

Collecting leaves.

Leaf rubbings, an annual tradition.


We also made several crafts that were "tweeked" ideas from Pinterest. This one is traced hand/arms and do-a-dot leaves.



This one is a hand drawn trunk and leaves made with pencil erasers dipped in paint.

This is Freshman's.

I couldn't be left out of all the fun ;-)


I will be linking up to Tot School @ 1+1+1=1.

5 comments:

  1. Popping over from tot school! Looks like a great week! I recognize some of the pinterest crafts! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so wish I would have done more hands-on fun stuff like this when my kids were younger :( Oh to go back and redo it all....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly question, but how did you affix the clothespins to your tot board? (Want to make something similar for us for CC!)

    We are attempting some fall crafts this week! Wish me luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev,
    The clothespins are on with regular old white glue ;-) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! Since my son is 3 1/2 I especially like the posts you do on Gator-Tot's curriculum activities. The learning poster with clothes pins is brilliant! I hope you do more posts on your preschool activities soon. :)

    ReplyDelete