So here is our curriculum and learning goals. I am only listing the learning goals for the subjects that I am not using a formal curriculum for.
Gator-Tot 2 years-old
I will be using Tot Trays and Tot Packs from 1+1+1=1 and Tot Beginnings from Home Grown Hearts. I'm sure I will use other ideas from around "bloggy land".
Bible
- Theme units on: Creation, Noah's Ark, Birth of Jesus, Resurrection of Jesus
Language Goals
- Be able to sing Alphabet Song
- Exposure to upper case letters
- Exposure to 11 colors
- Identify 6 basic colors
- Exposure to 11 shapes
- Identify 8 basic shapes
- Exposure to numbers 1-10
- Count to 10
- Identify 16+ body parts
- Identify 10+ animals and the sounds they make
- Fine Motor skills: stack 6+ blocks, lace beads on a string
- Gross Motor skills: Jump, hop, roll, tumble, walk backwords, march, tip toe
- Be able to partly dress himself
- Begin to potty train with a goal of 3rd birthday
Senior 1st Grade
Bible
- Adventures in My Father's World- focus on the names of Jesus
- Weekly memory verse
- Daily Devotional
- Study of character building with Co-op in fall
Handwriting
- Practice manuscript through copywork with My Father's World and First Language Lessons
- Goal of 20 literature units that will include: reading journal, word wall (vocabulary), comprehension questions and enrichment activities.
- Comprehension {Sequencing, Cause and Effect, Draw Conclusions, Develop Opinions, Predict Outcomes, True or False statements, Sentence sense}
- Read Alouds and "Book Basket" with Adventures
Math
- Math U See Alpha
- Review: Calendar {Days, Weeks, Months, Year}
- Tell time to the nearest 5 minute
- Counting and combining coins {penny, nickel, dime, quarter}
- Adventures in My Fathers World- U.S. History and Geography of the 50 states
- Adventures in My Fathers World
- Study of Earth Science with Co-op in fall
- Weekly Nature Walk
- Adventures in My Fathers World-Learn patriotic songs with Celebrate America, music appreciation lessons focus on Tchaikovsky's "Nutcracker" and I Can Do All Things
- Weekly with Co-op
- Either tennis or soccer





These look great! I can't wait to see/read more about how school goes. By the way, if you ever want blog headers, I do them for my friends just for fun :) Let me know!
ReplyDeleteHi - I saw you on the MFW Blog Roll. Just added the button to my blog too! I'm starting MFW Adventures this fall. I also do workboxes. Nice to meet you.
ReplyDeleteMonica
I really like the idea of your goal lists and all, even for you tot. It is rather inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing on the NOT Back-to-School blog hop.
ReplyDelete