Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spring Surprises

A few weeks ago was Senior's spring break from public school. I wanted to have some fun activities planned for him and also have a trial run at homeschool. I didn't have a lot of time to plan, so I decided to use a Download N Go unit study after reading a review from 1+1+1=1.

The Spring Surprises Unit was awesome! Senior and I really enjoyed it. It is a week long study, but we only covered three days worth of material over the week. We covered: the reason for seasons, seeds, Noah and the Ark, rainbows, George Washington Carver, the life cycle of a frog and more.

We spent more time with plants and rainbows. Here he is planting marigold seeds.


We germinated bean and corn seeds on a paper towel.


The boys helped mom plant some tomatoes and herbs.


We mixed colors in milk.


Senior loved the color wheel activity from Mama Jenn.

We had a great week! I can't wait until the summer when we can do a few more Download N Go units.

No comments:

Post a Comment