Monday, June 14, 2010

Homeschool Room

I am starting to get things settled into the new house. I am so excited about the homeschool room! I wish I had a ton of money to invest but the reality is that we are on a budget and at this point all I can hope for is functional. I feel extremely blessed that the Lord has cleared the path for our move and provided us with this house. Before this move I was going to be schooling in our small eat-in kitchen.

I still have a ton of work to do on the new room but this weekend we got a few great pieces of furniture. We got a great bookcase at IKEA (this was my first time in an IKEA store, and I am in love!). We also found this little gem at a garage sale for $20!!!I know it looks like I am putting Senior in jail but am hoping it will help with the distractions of two little brothers. It's really not as claustrophobic as it looks :) On the wall is what I am going to be trying out as our "workbox" system. I thought I would see how it works before I invest more $ in a larger system.

I will take more pictures as I decorate the rest of the room, just wanted to give a sneak peak.

3 comments:

  1. I love it!! We will not have a homeschooling room-we will be using our dining room. However, it is already becoming less of a dining room because the homeschooling materials are taking over! I am trying to come up with a more organized system...

    We are actually using My Father's World and as I am typing this I am seeing the button on the side! I didn't know there WAS a blog roll and am so excited. I was going to use KONOS, but after further research I decided MFW was a simpler unit study approach and honestly, it looked like more fun.

    I am using Adventures and assuming that you are as well? I can't wait to compare notes! We will have to email each other...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to mention what else we are using...

    We are using Horizons Math, Shurley English 2 for Grammar and English, and then for reading and vocab. I am supplementing extra books for author studies.

    With Layton I am using Teach Your Child to Read in 100 lessons and Explode the Code.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - Love your blog. I'm also doing MFW Adventures this fall. I've awarded you The Versatile Blogger award. Check out discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com
    Monica

    ReplyDelete