This is Senior's work area. On the right you will see the magazine holder I got from here that will serve as his "boxes". In front of that you will see the magnetic white board I got at Target that serves as his schedule.
He has seven "boxes" that I can put work in. The appropriate card is paper clipped to a box and has a magnet on the back. Once he has completed that box, he can place the card on the first blank on this schedule. I got some of the workbox tags from Jolanthe at Homeschool Creations and I made the ones that are curriculum specific.
There are "time limit" cards and "work with mom" cards where appropriate.
Activities that do not fit in a box (bike ride, cooking, playground, etc.) will already be placed on his schedule for the day.
I am hoping this system will keep Senior focused and moving forward throughout the day. I know that it will help him immensely to see what is expected of him each day.
Here is another version of workboxes that I am coveting :) Erica at Confessions of a Homeschooler has an awesome system that she uses with her four children. Maybe one day we will upgrade, but for now, I think this will work.





I am currently researching the workbox system. This summer i have just been giving Laura Grace her list of assignments and so far she has been working through them without many problems. However, she is easily distracted and I think a system like this would help my frustration levels as well as her independence...
ReplyDelete