Monday, February 14, 2011

Week in Review #23

Gator Tot is 30 months
Freshman in 12 months

Tot School

This week was all about love, hearts, and Valentines Day! The boys had a great day with crafts. Am I the only one that wants to get the mess all out of the way at one time? While I was getting out paints I had the boys work on a variety of crafts.

They free painted with Valentines colors. Senior was NOT happy with the pinks and purples- he was forced to paint a "Star Wars" picture in girl colors, ha ha!

Then I had to make a handprint craft ;-) Freshman took a taste of the paint before I could get him clean. I am so thankful for non-toxic paint. Thank you Crayola!

Here are three sets of hands that hold my heart!

A hard day work!
Then the boys helped me make some stained glass hearts with tissue paper, glitter, and laminating sheets.



Tot Trays

The boys enjoyed playing with the chocolate playdough.

The sensory bucket also got played with several times- until Mommy just couldn't pick up the rice one more time!

Freshman enjoyed some of the less messy parts ;-)

We read a ton of Valentines books. This was one of the first books on tapes I got for Gator-Tot. He seemed to enjoy it.

He is doing so well with tonging.

This "small spaces" was a huge hit!


Themed Activities

We did a ton of Valentine worksheets. Here they are working on colors with worksheets from 1+1+1=1 and Musings of Me.

Gator-Tot loved working on ABC's from 1+1+1=1.

Gator-Tot did really well on sorting hearts by size from COAH.

Dot Painting from Musings of Me.

We are still working on beginning writing with worksheet from 2 Teaching Mommies. I am pleasantly surprised how well G-Tot is doing.

To see what other tot's did this week, head on over to 1+1+1=1.


Besides all of the fun Valentine's Day activities, Senior actually got his normal 1st grade work done.

Math U See: Lesson 26

All About Spelling: Level 2- Step#6

First Language Lessons: Lessons 84-86

Writing: This week we took off from "Writing with Ease" to work on Senior's handwriting. I have been avoiding the battle of correcting Senior's pencil grip because his handwriting was fairly neat but I knew that we needed to work on it. So this week, we corrected the grip but had to start from the beginning with handwriting :-( By the end of the week, his handwriting is getting better and his hand doesn't hurt as much. We still have a lot of work to do.


Reading: Here are some of our book basket selections:


Here are the books Senior read for fun this week:


Adventures (week #21): In Bible, we continued to study how Jesus is the Vine and how we must remain connected to vine to have life! I love how this is connecting in with our study of plants in science- thank you MFW!!

In Science, we are still looking at plants. Along with plants we did a float/sink experiment.

We also learned how water/juice is in fruit. Senior loved making a mess ;-)


We studied Robert Fulton, Indiana, and Mississippi in history this week.

Head on over to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what other families did this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment