Monday, February 21, 2011

Week in Review #24

Why does it seem like I can only put together a "fun" week every OTHER week?? I am still bummed that we didn't get to a few of the fun projects this week :-( On the bright side, the weather was absolutely BEAUTIFUL this week, so we were at the park everyday.

Math U See: Lesson 27

First Language Lessons: Lessons 87-89

All About Spelling Level 2: Step #7

Writing with Ease: Week #22

Reading: I just can not sing the praises to MFW enough for the book basket selections in their curriculum! I love how many great books that Senior has read this year. This week was a great example. As part of our study of Alabama and Illinois, he read wonderful books on: Rosa Parks, Helen Keller, and George Washington Carver.



For fun this week, Senior wanted to read "Little House on the Prairie". I was just so happy that he freely chose this book ;-) He is flying through it!

Adventures in MFW (week #22): In Bible this week we are learning how Jesus is the "Head of the body, the church". LOVE, LOVE the connection with science this week. Senior was really able to grasp the analogy between the church and the human body. The church is made up of different believers, but we need each other so that we can work together for the common goal of bringing the lost to Christ (providing eternal life). This is like the organs in the body that depend on each other and work together for the common goal of keeping the body alive.

In history, we are learning how the pioneers went west by wagon train. We also had a quick visit to Alabama and Illinois. While visiting our states, we learned about the people who lived in them: George Washington Carver, Helen Keller, and Rosa Parks.

Science this week was a quick overview of the human body. Seniors loved this book:

3 comments:

  1. Don't fool yourself, Mom! If you spent time at the park during last week's beautiful weather, it WAS a fun week! :) And I'm with you on the science/Bible connection ... it was BEAUTIFUL!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Park days are priceless! Glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited to find your blog because you are using the same resources that I am learning towards for next year (which will be my 1st year homeschooling). I can't wait to look around your blog more!

    ReplyDelete