
Last week we took a field trip to the Botanical Gardens. This is such a great preview of our science this year with ECC.

This was our first visit and we could not believe how beautiful it is! My husband and I want to make plans to go back for a date where we can relax and truly enjoy the peace and quiet ;-)
You
almost forget you are in the city.

A favorite was learning about
carnivorous plants.


It is hard to believe that these plants eat bugs!

Japanese Garden
Rainforest
I loved the trunk of this tree.

It is so wet in the rain forest that the roots can get all the moisture they need from the air!

All of the boys enjoyed learning about the frogs that live in the rainforest.



Gator-Tot looks sad in this picture because he was having trouble spotting the big turtle in the water below.
Desert
The cacti and succulents in the desert area were so interesting.
Ponds
The mosaic lily-pads are beautiful.


Having fun....


I really hope we can visit again soon.
I am linking up to
MFW Highlights @ 2 Ladybugs and a Lizard this week. I will be posting about our time in Mexico as soon as we have our fiesta that keeps getting rescheduled ;-)
What a great field trip! Love you pictures. Thanks for linking up and sharing.
ReplyDeleteBug eating plants........ amazing isn't it! Your photos look great.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I'll have to check into a field trip to the Botanical Gardens near us. You're right -- it goes right along with our Science this year - and what better way to learn than with visuals like these!
ReplyDeleteYou live near us! Well as near as our big city encompasses. We just went there on Friday and focused on trees and the rainforest too. We are just finishing up ECC week 4 this week.
ReplyDelete