Gator-Tot ~ 3 years 1 month
Freshman ~ 20 months


For the past two weeks we have continued with ABC Jesus Loves Me - 3 year old curriculum
"H" (week 12) and
"I" weeks (week 13). We have also been having some seasonal fun with apples.
This is how our "H" week looked and the books we used.


Gator-Tot needed a lot of help on his first ever dot-to-dot.

H is for hearts.

and helping your baby brother ;-)

Keeping Freshman busy...

This was our "I" week and the books we used.


We took some time this week to review colors and shapes. The shape puzzles can be found
here from COAH.

These color puzzles are found
here from 1+1+1=1.

I finally got Gator-Tot on Starfall.com and he LOVED it!

"I" is for insects.

G-Tot got some cutting practice in ;-)

Keeping Freshman busy.....



Now onto the apple fun we had over the past two weeks. The classroom is all decorated with the boy's hard work.

Our favorites books.

I got out the
apple sensory bucket from last year. The boys still love it.

One of our craft projects was to finger paint paper plates to make apples. I don't think Freshman was very happy with finger paint, ha ha!



This is an idea that I found on Pinterest (although apparently I didn't actually pin it myself so I can't find the link- ugh!).

Gator-Tot worked on some
apple puzzles from COAH.




This is another find from Pinterest- found
here.

This one is found
here.

Whew! Sorry for the longest post ever. Next week we are going to focus on
deserts using the unit from 2 Teaching Mommies. I am linking up to
Tot School ~ 1+1+1=1.
Love your activities and book selections! I need to plan some for my 3 yr old...she has such a short attention span right now and doesn't want to do anything I suggest.....so I have held off, for now anyway. I love the apple tree!!!
ReplyDeleteFor the dot-to-dot, a great little book is "Ready Set Learn Dot-to-Dot Numbers." Starts w/ 1-10, then goes up to about 1-25. Daniel loves it!
ReplyDeleteI Love the toddler activities. Those are great ideas for helping my youngest feel special even though he can't participate in all of the big kid activities.
ReplyDeleteI was wondering if you used MFW Adventures or skipped right to ECC for second grade. That is my thought, but wasn't sure if you had done adventures earlier and found it valuable.
Thank you for sharing!
Hey Christie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping bye. Yes, we did use Adventures and LOVED it! It was really a great year and I wouldn't trade it. We did skip 1st grade because my son is an advanced reader and did not need any phonics. I'm glad you are finding my tot-school posts helpful. Have a great year!