Friday, September 9, 2011

Tot School ~ ABCJLM "G" & Forests

Gator-Tot is 3 years 1 month
Freshman is 20 months

Tot School

This week I was able to get in a little extra. Gator-Tot finished his "G" week with ABC Jesus Loves Me. We also connected some work with big brother's curriculum.

ABC Jesus Loves Me

Here is what our ABC Jesus Loves Me week looked like by the end. Unfortunately, you can't see how many letter "G" worksheets he completed because they are stacked together (he loves to color at the moment).

Here are our "G" books. We didn't get the opportunity to study "Goodnight Moon" but the boys read it almost every night ;-)

"G" is for green, gold, glue and glitter. This was a favorite activity this week.


Coloring a "G is for gumball" sheet from COAH.

I can't believe it took me so long to get a dedicated cookie sheet for school time and make pom pom magnets. Once I finally did it this week, it was a HUGE hit will all the boys. They are using magnet worksheets from Making Learning Fun.

Senior has been studying forests the past two weeks so I thought I would bring Gator-Tot into some of the fun. These are the forest theme books we used.

I used the wonderful unit created by 2 Teaching Mommies on forests. G-Tot loved it and we can't wait to study deserts and oceans this year with their units.

Pine cone size sort.

Sorting by plants and animals.

Matching forest animals with their foot prints.

Everyone colored the bear sheet.


Last week, I was lucky enough to participate in a "Preschool in a Bag" and "Toddler School in a Box" swap. Here are the boys working with me and the Toddler Box. They really enjoyed it!

I also pulled out a few of the preschool bags. Here is Freshman stringing straws on a pipe cleaner. He loved the challenge.

Gator-Tot making a pattern with his.

We also played with the magnet fishing pole.

And just so you don't thing everything is perfect in my house. This is how I find Freshman most days: standing ON the school table (usually covered in marker, ha).


I am linking up to 1+1+1=1 ~ Tot-School.

3 comments:

  1. Hi! How are you liking the preschool bags? Are you using them with both Tot and Freshman? Which have been the biggest hits?
    I haven't made any yet, but need to! Think they'd be too young for D?
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bev,
    Honestly we have only used three bags so far but they all seem good. Out of the ones we tried, the magnet fishing pole has been the favorite. The bags are for J but M played with us. Based on the fact that C stopped his work to play with us, I think D would enjoy ;-) I also think they would be good for D because he would be able to do them independently, J still needs my help. I hope that helps. Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you get hooked up with the preschool bags and toddler boxes? I would love to have some for my kiddos!

    ReplyDelete