Tuesday, March 9, 2010

First Post

I plan for this blog to be a place where I can share my thoughts and ideas about our first year of homeschooling. I love following the blogs of other homeschool moms and seeing what they are doing and getting ideas to use. I also want to be able to share with my family what the kids are doing on a weekly basis and how much they are learning. I love blogging because I feel it keeps me accountable and organized. I hope you can bear with me while I work out all of the kinks. I can't believe I already have a follower- I am so excited :)

Speaking of kinks, what do you think of the kids "bloggy names"? I was hoping to stay away from using their real names for safety reasons. I will be linking up to other blogs and thus increasing the traffic and I want to be safe. It is the same reason that I will not place a link to our family blog on here. So back to the names, the only one I am really happy with is J-"Gator-Tot" (get it, tator-tot, ha ha). Any ideas on the other boys?? Please comment and share.

My homeschool planning is underway. I have lots of posts in mind about curriculum, schedule, my "school room", etc. "Senior Gator" is finishing his kindergarten year in public school before we start part time in June and full time in August. I am going to be doing a unit study and lapbook on Spring next week during his break so check back with us to see how it is going.

Thanks for visiting us and if you would like, please become a follower.

4 comments:

  1. I love their names :)

    I am creating a homeschool blog myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy--so many people I know are being called to homeschool! I started a homeschool blog awhile ago:

    www.ourbouquetsofsharpenedpencils.blogspot.com

    I haven't advertised it much, but feel free to link up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blog, and the name of it! Thanks for all the great links, Erin. Can't wait to share in this journey w/ you. :-)
    Love,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete