Tuesday, July 27, 2010

T- minus 6 days!

Only 6 more days until our first day of school! I am so excited but I think the boys could care less.

* Two weeks ago, our Adventures in My Father's World curriculum arrived. It looks amazing and I can't wait to start.

* I have requested and gotten all the books from the library that we will need for our book baskets for week#1.


* I have finished our morning board. I can't wait to see how "Circle Time" with two little ones works out. I will probably have to change things a little but it is a good start.

I have used 1+1+1=1 and Homeschool Creations as inspiration. Senior will also be using a Calender Notebook similar Mama Jenn's.


* I am have also been hard at work making Senior a Mini Office and many file folder games for both Senior and Gator-Tot.

For the Mini- Office, I got the printables from: Confessions of a Homeschooler, Homeschool Creations, and Busy Teacher's Cafe.

The games I have gotten so far are: Color Puzzles #2, and Color & Shape Learning Wheels from Carisa. From Confessions of a Homeschooler I have gotten: Add it Game, Shape Silhouette Game, Shape Puzzles, Dice Addition/Subtraction Sheets, and Paint Brush color Matching. Whew... My printer, laminator, and cutting hand are TIRED!

* I think I still have a few more trips to the craft and grocery store and then we are READY!

If you have any questions about what resources I used, please ask and I would be happy to help.

4 comments:

  1. I love your morning board. I am putting together a similar one using the same blogs for inspiration! The women who design that stuff are very talented! I'm starting Adv soon too. Enjoy your year.
    Monica
    discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. I am so impressed!! I don't have a laminator but I am thinking that I can go to Office Depot and get things laminated? Not sure...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just visiting your blog and new to homeschooling!
    I have a question for you. I noticed you are doing Adventures in My Father's World...is there a reason you're doing that instead of MFW First Grade? I will have a first grader this year, but it seems like everyone is skipping the first grade cirriculum and moving right on to Adventures. Just curious what I should be ordering!!! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! "Tim & Angie" I am so sorry as I just saw your comment just today! I promise I wasn't trying to ignore your question (I should find a way for blogger to e-mail me when I get comments) Again I am so sorry! If you ever come back and read this horrible blog again- here is the answer to your question...

    There are a few reasons. 1. Senior is an advanced reader. He reads around a 5th grade level. MFW 1st grade is a complete curriculum that includes a "Phonics" type of reading/english/spelling that would be too easy for him. 2. My husband (who is the resident "math guy") really loves the Math U See curriculum and wanted us to use that. Again MFW 1st includes a math program. In the end, I didn't want to pay for things we were not going to use- I am cheap that way, ha ha! MFW states that a 1st grader that is reading and writing well can use Adventures- so we went with it.

    I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete