Monday, December 13, 2010

Week #16 Christmas (Tot-School & 1st Grade)

Gator-Tot is 28 months
Freshman is 11 months
Tot School

Tot- School this week was mostly family fun time. We did not spend hardly anytime in our classroom because it is very chilly in there. I did not change out the Tot-Trays but they were not played with much anyway. We did use some of the printables from Musings of Me and 2 Teaching Mommies.



First grade this week was very relaxed. We had a lot of fun together and the boys spent a lot of time just playing. Senior did finish all of his required basics without too much fuss.

Math U See: Finished lesson 20

First Language Lessons: Completed lessons 63-65

All About Spelling: Finished step 23 and we will finished up with Level one this week!!

A little funny from last week: we were reviewing all of our words from the year and I gave him the word "red" but did not give him a sentence (we have not covered words with two vowels yet). He spelled "r.e.a.d" and I told him that he was correct but I was talking about the color red. He said, "that was impressive wasn't it mom!". Yes it was baby!

Reading: Senior finished up The Best Christmas Pageant Ever and made a Book Jacket Book Report.
Other books he read during "school time" this week: They are both WONDERFUL books.
He has also started:I think we have finally hit the milestone where he is choosing to pick up a book to read for pleasure!! I am so happy! These are the books he read this week for fun. Yes, he read that many- it only took him a little over a day to read each one :-) Although I do not make him do a book reports on these books, he does take a comprehension test because we reward him after he earns 1,000 points (he has earned 3,060 since the summer).

We continue to work on our Amanda Bennett Christmas Unit Study orally. This week we learned more about John the Baptist and his parents, the geography of the holy land, and how Mary and Joseph received the news of Jesus.

We also started our Christmas Symbols Lapbook. This week we used these resources: Christmas Symbols labook from 1+1+1=1, Christmas Symbols Unit Study, and this Christmas Symbols Book.


We had so much family fun this week!

* We had a wonderful time putting up the tree.


*Right after we got the tree up, Senior and I left to go see the Nutcracker Ballet. He LOVED it and was literally on the edge of his seat the whole time.

* We made chocolate covered pretzel rods. The boys really enjoyed putting sprinkles on.


Everyone enjoyed sampling all the hard work ;-)

*We marble painted some pictures that we found on 1+1+1=1.


I cut out the pictures and made a garland for the dinning room.

* We "Elfed" two of our neighbors! This was so much fun!

* We made Hand print Snowman Ornaments to give as gifts. I love the way they turned out with the red tinsel in them.

* The boys had a great time making simple Christmas Tree crafts.


* Then finally this weekend we visited Grammie in Nashville and went to the Gaylord @ Opryland Hotel. The boys had a great time at the Snow exhibit.

Warming by the fire after playing in the snow.


The beautiful tree in the hotel.


This week we will continue with our Christmas Symbols lapbook and the 1st grade basics. For Tot-School, we will use more of the printables that I listed on my holiday planning post. Of course we will mostly just enjoy this time of year together as a family.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun/enjoyable week!
    Love your marble painting --- really neat...and the pretzels look yummy! Great ideas for the month of December!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously . . . seriously . . . you never cease to amaze me!!! I'm using my time off to have TIME OFF, and you are still plugging away, making it all FUN for your littles! WAY TO GO, MAMA!! There's a house next door to me for sale if you want to move to Southeast Texas. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete