It hit me last week, that this is the first year in 3 years that we get to COMPLETELY celebrate Christmas the way we want. Let me explain....
Senior attended a private Christian school for K3 and K4 (we LOVED this school). They believed on completely focusing on the birth of Jesus Christ during the Christmas season. I totally understand and support that decision but at the same time the kids were not allowed to wear or bring anything to school that had to do with: Santa, reindeer, or elves. Kids got sent home for wearing monogrammed Christmas shirts with reindeer on them and the Christmas party had to be winter themed.
Then last year, Senior was in public kindergarten. We were very lucky that we were in Mississippi and the principle was Christian (she even openly prayed at an event). Even with that, I would not have felt comfortable reading "The Christmas Story" to Senior's class. And he most certainly was not taught about Jesus' birth during the school day.
So this year we get to celebrate the season exactly how we want. We don't have to be "politically correct". We can spend four weeks studying the birth of Jesus, we can do our Nativity Unit while eating Santa cookies, and we can do our Jesse Tree devotional and then watch The Polar Express.
I feel so free! I feel so blessed to homeschool!!
Acellus Academy Parent Review
8 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment