Friday, March 25, 2011

Week in Review #28


I hope it's ok that I am linking up to the MFW group even though we didn't do any Adventures work this week :-) Don't worry we will pick up with Adventures week #25 next week and I CAN'T wait!

This week, in addition to our 3Rs we continued to work on our Italy and volcano study for the Geography Fair next Friday.

Math U See: Senior finished Alpha by getting a perfect score on his final test!! Then, he finished lesson #1 in Beta.

First Language Lessons: Lessons 96-98

All About Spelling: Level 2- Step 10

Reading: Here are a few of the books Senior read this week for our Italy study.


This is the book he read for fun.


Here is what our Italy lapbook looks like. We got everything from Homeschool Share.

Here are our Italy papers ready to be put on our display board (a project for next week). I got most of them from Homeschool Creations.

In science, Senior is studying volcanoes. This is our model volcano just waiting to erupt (I think we will wait until after the fair so it can be used as a display).


The volcano lapbook is also from Homeschool Share.


Here is a little glimpse into our homeschool. Our homeschool room is in a bit of transition at the moment. I have decided to swap what was our playroom (downstairs next to the kitchen) and our homeschool room (upstairs bonus room above the garage).

This morning the boys were having a blast with playdoh.

I am keeping it real and didn't clean off the table before taking this picture ;-)

On this morning, the boys were doing a really great job each doing their own "work".

Gator-Tot is working on a color paintbrush file folder game from COAH.

Senior is working on his Italy study.

And my little Freshman is coloring. These pictures remind me why I wanted to homeschool ;-)

These are just a few pictures from our week.

We spent a beautiful spring afternoon at the zoo.


To see what other MFW families did this week, head on over to "A Heart Like Water".

5 comments:

  1. Love the Italy Lapbook and all the play dough fun!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your week looked like a lot of fun! It's good to see another mom not afraid of breaking out the playdoh!
    We're also Gators...college sweethearts. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lapbooks look great! The joy of playdough... 'til it's time to clean up. No the baby chicks are our friends..we just buy the eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once a year we have a country report to do for our co-op, and it amazes me how much the girls remember from it! They know a lot about China and a lot about France, and I'm curious to see how the knowledge they have received from their co-op projects compares to what they'll get next year in ECC!

    Great week! And I LOVE the pic of your youngest grinning up at the camera. Completely huggable!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and about the expansion projects I did with the bridges ... feel free to use them!!! They came from a Celebrate America book I picked up for 99 cents last summer! :)

    ReplyDelete