Sunday, April 10, 2011

Don't mess with a homeschooling mom and her library!

I'm sorry that my weekly update will be late. Senior and I finished most of our work before we got some shocking news on Thursday. During one of numerous visits to the library we found out that our county was proposing a budget that would not only close our local library but 12 others. The proposed budget was announced on Thursday and the vote on it is Tuesday (yes, 5 days later!!).

That night during our prayer time, Senior offered to sell his Legos in order to save his library. It was then that I knew I had to do something to help. Since Friday, we have been doing what we can: sending e-mails to county chairmen, printing flyers and passing them out at the park, and joining in an effort to "clear the shelves" at our library by checking out as many books as we possibly can! On Tuesday, this homeschooling family will have a field trip to learn about local government and tell the Board of Commissioners that they can't close our library!


After Tuesday, maybe things will go back to normal. We are praying that we will still have our library at that point.

2 comments:

  1. NO WAY!!!! Our governments need to be bathed in prayer right now, from local right up to Federal. There are entirely too many decisions being made that are really almost unconscienable!!

    Praying for your family and your library situation!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable!!! Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete