Monday, April 18, 2011

Spring Break by Surprise

Last week, I intended to have school like normal, but that is not how things went.

Monday: It was our last day of co-op so there was an Awards Ceremony followed by field day. Senior received The C.S. Lewis Award for Excellence in Reading (the parents picked). The day started out bad when I found out my camera battery was dead (I am so sad I don't have pictures) and just got worse. Little Freshman is just at a tough age. All he wants to do is be down on the ground walking around (not in a lap, carrier or stroller)- that would be fine if I didn't have a two year-old that I need to keep up with too. We ended up leaving field day early and getting home for some much needed naps. Later that afternoon we went to a "read-in" in an attempt to save our libraries.

Tuesday: In the morning, the boys and I went to the Board of Commissions meeting where they were voting on the budget that would close the libraries. Yea!! They voted to keep them open but there are still drastic budget cuts and we are still not sure how that will effect our local library. After the meeting, Gator-Tot and Freshman enjoyed story time at the library and Senior had school as normal.

Wednesday: Whew! Senior was having some attitude issues and I just decided that we needed a break! I felt so guilty taking an unscheduled break but we needed it.

Thursday: God gave me confirmation of my decision because Gator-Tot came down with a stomach virus. I spent the day cleaning the carpet and any clothes that got in the way.

Friday: Daddy took the day off of work :-) G-Tot was all better and Senior had his Spring Recorder Concert.

We are just so proud of Senior's progress in music this year. I can't believe all that he has learned and how well he is reading music. At the end of the post, is the class playing "Excerpt from Symphony #9 (Ode to Joy)"




Sunday: The family went and picked strawberries at a local farm after church. Freshman was not happy with the un-level ground ;-)



The fields were full!

We took our share.
The best part has got to be the eating.

Ha Ha! Amazingly the shirt came clean.





So, this week, things should be back to normal.

6 comments:

  1. What a great week! And I have to admit I'm jealous because, while you're out picking strawberries, we are facing 6-10 inches of snow coming tomorrow! :^/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spontaneous vacations are the best!

    Okay, first things first ... woo hoo on the library thing!!! Someone on the MFW board posted about a similar situation in their county.

    And totally jealous about the strawberry picking thing. We went last week, but they were just closing up when we got there. Apparently the plants aren't producing much this year because of our drought situation, so they're getting picked over pretty quickly. So eat one for me! :)

    And glad you posted a video of Senior's recorder concert. It made me smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawberries and shorts ... already????!!! Wow it's 70 here one day and 42 the next...

    The dead camera battery - oh I feel your pain.

    Love the boys smiles - so cute. And the concert video - so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm, I love berry picking! And how fun about your oldest's recorder performance!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great that he gets to play his recorder in a recital!

    And, we had a few Daddy Days Off too (love them!)

    we planted strawberries this year, and to my surprise, they're growing! yay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the stomach virus:-(

    The strawberries look fun and yummy!

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete