Monday, April 18, 2011

Week in Review #30

Ok, I'm behind posting again! I hate when this happens but if you read this post then you know why. This post is actually what we did the week before last. Last week turned into a surprise spring break that deserves it's own post.

Tot School/Family School- We are so excited because we have a special visitor this spring. A bird has made a nest in our front entryway! It is so perfect because we can watch her from the front window. We are trying really hard not to upset her, it would be so sad if she abandoned the nest.


One afternoon when she was away, I had daddy sneak up and snap a picture in the nest. It looks like we have 4-5 eggs. These pictures were taken two weeks ago, so I wonder what is going on now?

This has been our favorite book about birds. It gives some detail about the developing eggs.
This week the little boys also made a Cherry Blossom Tree Craft. First, they made the blossoms with tissue paper.

Then they finger painted them on.

Yeah, I love crafts that allow me to use pink! With a house full of boys I have to take every opportunity I can get.


I have finally updated the March sensory bucket. Our April/Easter bucket has a base of pastel colored rice with pom poms, Easter erasers, pipe cleaner "springs", Easter eggs and a bunny.

It has been a hit!

Math U See Beta: Lesson 3

All About Spelling Level 2: Step 12

First Language Lessons: Lessons 101-103

Reading: Here are a few of Senior's favorite book basket selections.


These are some of the books he read for fun. I am honestly having a hard time keeping track.



Adventures (week #26): In Bible, we started to study how Jesus is "Servant". Our verse this week is "...the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and give his life as a ransom for many." Matthew 20:28. I think this is a great lead in to the Easter season.

History was a study of the Santa Fe, Oregon, and California Trail. We also studied California.

Science this week was a study of solids, liquids, and gases. We did some fun experiments with "fizz".

In this experiment, we placed raisins in a jar of Sprite. We could see the gas bubbles attach to them but unfortunately ours never rose to the surface but they did turn over a few times.


We made fizz by mixing baking soda and vinegar.

We mixed them again and collected the carbon dioxide in a balloon to prove that gas was being put off.

I am linking up to Tot-School @ 1+1+1=1 and My Father's World Homeschool Highlights. Head on over to both these great blogs.

1 comment:

  1. Oh! We have been searching and searching for a nest to observe, but have been unsuccessful!

    I have to ask, what is A sensory bucket? Looks cute, is it for the Little Ones?

    LOVE the Cherry Trees, the simple crafts are my fave...and a Pink makes it happy :)

    Have a wonderful week!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete