2nd Grade
Bible, Geography, Science, Art & Music- Adventures was such a blessing to us last year, so it was an easy choice to continue with My Father's World with Exploring Countries and Cultures. I am forming a co-op for ECC that will be held weekly in my home.
Math- This was also an easy choice. Senior will finish up with Math U See Beta then continue with Gamma sometime after Christmas.
Spelling- Another continuation from 1st grade is All About Spelling Level 2. Senior is doing well and will move onto Level 3 probably before Christmas.
Handwriting: I am feeling the need for a more formal handwriting program. We are going to try A Reason for Handwriting Transition. We will probably transition to cursive a the end of the year.
Extra-Curricular: Our homeschool support group has a Keepers & Contenders club that meets monthly. I am very excited about the badges planned for this year.
Senior will also continue with his weekly music class. He will move onto advanced recorder this year and Gator-Tot will be taking a "Joyful Noisemakers" class.Gator-Tot has really exceeded all of my expectations for him this past year. He can identify all of his letters -upper & lowercase. He also knows all 26 letter sounds. He can count to 20 in English and 10 in Spanish. He knows all of the basic colors and most of the shapes. My plan for this year is focus on writing as his fine motor skills improve, but my main goal is to have fun and follow his lead.
We will continue with ABC Jesus Loves Me 3 year-old curriculum (we left off with "D"). I will add different things from around the web including: COAH Letter of the Week, Tot School Printables from 1+1+1=1, theme ideas from 2 Teaching Mommies, and possibly moving on to Raising Rock Stars Preschool and You Can Read from 1+1+1=1 (again only following Gator-Tot's lead).
Overall, I want to spend most of the time with Gator-Tot and Freshman reading and working on Biblical character.





Thanks for sharing--it's fun to see what others have planned!!
ReplyDeleteyea yea yea ... An ECC co-op is going to be soooo fun! Congrats girl. Ours starts here on Aug 18th. When do you start? Email me how you are going to be setting up your agenda for the co-op and I'll share what we are doing. You probably have some ideas I didn't think about! (if you like)
ReplyDeleteMonica
m_wharton@yahoo.com
Woohoo! It's an update! I love reading about all of the wonderful things you are doing with the boys! I can't wait to "watch" you guys again this year! Maybe I will be better about my blog.....we'll see.
ReplyDeleteOh, my, I hope ECC goes well for you. My girls were 8 and 9 last year when we did it ("3rd grade," basically for both, though I don't often use grade level designations), and it was tough! In fact, we ended up making many modifications so it would be manageable for them. Of course, there are lots of great books in the appendix if the texts prove too much. It's really a much "beefier" course than Adventures, though, so just be aware of that.
ReplyDeleteThank you Tina. I have visited your blog in the past but just visited again to read about your curriculum choices. I really appreciate your honesty and will be taking many of your recommendations to lower ECC. I had anticipated many of the alterations that you recommend (I've already packed away some of the texts). I can't tell you how good it is to read about how you came to your decision. I, like you, was thinking that MFW was the answer but now I will remember to take it year by year. Thank you again and have a great year!
ReplyDeletewe will be starting ecc in few weeks too! Stopping by from the MFW blogroll! Looking forward to seeing your explorations!
ReplyDeleteHi! We are doing ECC and some BFIAR rowing this year too! We are also blessed with a co-op, so excited!! I will be checking back to see what you guys are up to!
ReplyDelete