Sunday, August 7, 2011

School Room 2011-2012

This was our school room last year (do you see how little my freshman was- melt my heart). As you can tell it is quite different than our current set up. Last year, the classroom was the bonus room above the garage and we had our playroom in the formal dining room by the kitchen. As the school year progressed, I realized the need to have the classroom closer to the heart of the house. I swapped the rooms after Christmas.

This is now our classroom. It is in the formal dining room and is the first room you see as you enter the house. It is also open to the kitchen.

You can see our time line, world map, and the shelves I have set up for tot-trays.

Going counter clockwise around the room you can see our new schedule clipboards (I hope to blog about that after I see if it will work). A neat feature of our school table is that we painted it with chalkboard paint.

View from the kitchen.

Here is a close up of our morning board area. Most of this came from 1+1+1=1 using pieces of both part 1 and 2. You can also see Gator-Tot's Bible verses from Totally Tots.

This is the Tot-School area with Gator-Tot's learning board set up for this week.

This wall will be used a lot this year while we study God's heart for the world with ECC!

Tomorrow is our first day of 2011-2012. I am so excited to start a routine again but I know that my planned schedule will most likely need some "tweeking". I also expect some resistance from Senior as this years work load is an increase from 1st grade. My plan is to blog weekly on ECC and tot-school but we will see how that goes ;-)

Want to see more school rooms? Visit Heart of the Matter- Not Back to School Hop: week 2

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful school room girl! Love the chalk table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice clean space got learning.
    Blessings,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chalkboard table is a great idea. I love it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! Love the chalkboard paint on the table...

    Two questions- how did you affix the pocket chart to your wall? I am using one this year, too. Did you use the 3M plastic hooks?
    Also, is Tot doing two sets of verses? Noticed the you had posted the ABCJLM and the ones from 1+1+1. Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Bev,

    Yes, I used the 3M hooks. I have decided that 3M is the only way I will hang anything again. I also love the "velcro" 3M things used for picture frames.

    Totally Tots, I believe, has two sets of verses. The ones we are using are the Songs for Saplings ones based on ABC's. They also have ones for the Seeds Family Worship. ABCJLM does have verses for each week but they are from a Steve Green CD that we don't own. Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! FYI- I just got a book called "Pocket Chart Helpers" from the Mailbox series, and it comes w/ lots of pre-made, pre-laminated activities for the middle ones to use during indep. time. There is a preschool book- I got the K-1 level for D. Some of the activities are too tough right now, but hopefully he'll work up to them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bev,

    I also got the table top pocket chart from the Target $spot. I hope I will be able to use it frequently. 1+1+1=1 is also making free pocket chart cards. I am super excited because I am participating in a "preschool activity bag" swap. I am also doing a "Toddler Box" swap. I hope to get 18 activities for G-Tot ;-) I'll let you know how it goes and maybe you can organize one for your friends.

    ReplyDelete