
Not very many pictures from us this week :-( We had a bit more than usual going on this week so we did not finish all the plans I had for us.
Our "Something Special" this week was part of our Tot School. Gator-Tot learned about squirrels and acorns this week so Senior tagged along. We sang songs and did several cute crafts.
All About Spelling: Finished Step 20
First Language Lessons: Finished Lessons 54-56
Reading: Each day Senior read several selections from his book basket that pertained to the state we were covering that day. Our favorites this week were books on Louisa May Alcott and Dr. Seuss as children. He completed two character maps and a book report.
In history, we are continuing our visit to the fifty states. This week we studied: Connecticut, Massachusetts, Maryland, and South Carolina. Senior especially enjoyed studying Maryland because Daddy just happened to be there on business this week ;-)
Senior had his recorder concert today and did great!
I'm not sure why this is so small but here they are playing "Softly Falls the Rain".
One more "normal" week for us then we are going to take the month of December off of MFW to concentrate on Advent. I am still looking for a good Christmas unit study, any ideas?
As always, you can over to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what others got done this week.
As always, you can over to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what others got done this week.





Definitely looks like a chickadee! Fun week!
ReplyDeleteJessy
Our Side of the Mountain
www.homeschoolblogger.com/Jessy
I think this is my first visit to your blog. I enjoyed reading about your week. I don't really have a Christmas unit study suggestion but we enjoyed doing a Jesse tree one year when my children were younger. We made ornaments to go along with each of the devotions and bible readings.
ReplyDeleteSamantha
So much to say . . . where to start?!
ReplyDelete#1, I love the recorder concert! And I double love all the little heads bobbing up and down keeping the rhythm! :)
#2, Yep! I know how hard it is when you have to help your kids eat the edible school projects. But's it's just one. more. sacrifice. we make as homeschool moms! ;)
#3, You got birds?! I am so stinkin' jealous!! All we've had so far are squirrels! :(
And finally, #4, we're doing a Christmas unit called Scripture Adventures: A Christmas Adventure from www.currclick.com. It's on sale for $6.99 right now and you can download it immediately. Goodness gracious . . . do I sound like a used car salesman?!
Great week, Gator Mommy! :)
I absolutely LOVE the acorn project. Gonna have to steal that one. Looks messy though. ohh well
ReplyDeleteThe concert is too precious. He's is too cute.
I like your pocket chart. What a nice way to review what you've learned.
We are on break next week... are you moving forward so I can copy your ideas!!??!!! hehe