Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
Friday, November 5, 2010
Tot School~G is for Goat and George (the Curious one)
Gator-Tot is 27 months Freshman is 10 months
Week # 12 Theme: G is for Goat and George (the Curious one). Letter Focus: G
This week was kind of a slow week for us. Unfortunately we did not do our "Something Special" this week. We did get our normal work done for which I am thankful.
Tot Trays
Our trays this week were: Pumpkin Playdough, November Sensory Bucket, sticking straws in Styrofoam, stickers, ABC foam puzzle, stacking boxes.
The Sensory Bucket was a huge hit! Both boys played with it for a long time. Their favorite thing to do was fill the pilgrim salt and pepper shakers up with corn kernels.
I found this set of foam magnet letters at the dollar store. We used it as a puzzle and Gator-Tot really enjoyed having to push the letters into place.
Because the stickers were such a hit last week I thought I would try it again. This time I used stickers that were easier for G-Tot to peel himself.
The favorite tray was sticking plastic bendy straws into Styrofoam. (I saw this idea on another tot blog, I'm not sure which one. If this was your idea please let me know so I can give credit). I was hoping that he would just put the straws back into the holes I already made but no such luck. He loved the noise and feeling of making new holes. Once big brother started "helping" I had a big mess on my hands.
Themed Activities
This week we focused on the letter G. We read a ton of our Curious George books and did parts of the Curious George Tot Book from One Little, Two Little (she has a lot of great lapbooks- go check her out!).
Gator-Tot continues to love to color. This week while he was coloring in the "George Shapes", I noticed how he has really started to stay in the lines and is leaving very little white.
Today, for Senior's curriculum, we listened to parts of the Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky. While they listened, they colored in some coloring sheets and enjoyed hot cocoa.
Tiny Tot School
Not too many pictures of Freshman this week because when he is in the classroom, I can't take my eyes off of him. He is crawling all over now! I have a huge basket of baby toys in there for him but of course he doesn't want anything to do with it. He keeps pulling down all of Gator-Tot's trays and playing with all of the cords to the computer!! School time is definitely not boring, ha ha.
Mommy's Favorite
I love this picture that I snapped during our morning time. G-Tot was marching to "Yankee Doodle" and having a great time!
As always, head on over to 1+1+1=1 to see what other Tots did this week!
Looks like Tot school was lots of fun this week. I love that pic of Freshman with the stuffed doggie..... so cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great week. I love that photo of freshman with the doggy!
ReplyDelete