I am going to combine my "first grade week in review" and my "tot-school" posts into one for last week. Technically, I am not counting last week as "school" for senior because we did not meet the hourly requirements for the state. We took a break from our math, English, and spelling curriculum. But just because we did not count it, we still learned plenty.
Senior helped Gator-Tot with some Thanksgiving coloring.

They also worked together on a Thanksgiving graph. Gator-Tot's job was to toss the dice and Senior graphed the results.

We (really only me because they were not too interested in cooking this day) made pilgrim hat cookies. The best part was that we brought a tray down to our local library for all the librarians. We really couldn't homeschool without all of their hard work and we wanted to say thank you. They were so appreciative ;-)

Gator-Tot ripped some paper to glue onto some Indian corn.

A suggested activity from
Adventures was to weave a place-mat for Thanksgiving dinner. I was pleasantly surprised to see how this challenged Senior. He really had to concentrate on this activity.

One of our favorite activities this week was making a
"Squanto Snack". We planted our candy corn with Swedish Fish in dirt of chocolate pudding and cookie crumbs. It was a nice review of our friend Squanto and super yummy!


Everyone enjoyed!

Even our little Freshman

For a
science this week, MFW had us looking at pumpkins. We made pumpkin predictions about weight, circumference, float/sink?, and how many seeds.
We read...

Pumpkins float! and ours had 99 seeds. Senior counted by twos and fives.

We used our pumpkin to make a pie. This was the first time I used fresh and next time I will make sure to puree it (it was a bit stringy).
Here are some Thanksgiving fun the boys had with Dad while Mom was cooking on Thursday.



Our sweet Freshman turned 11 months on Thanksgiving. Where has this year gone?

This year I feel like I can't even begin to count all the blessings in my life! I am SO thankful to the Lord for calling me to homeschool my three sons!
Resources used this week:
* 1+1+1=1- Thanksgiving Preschool Pack* 2 Teaching Mommies-
Turkey,
Pilgrims & Indians,
Thanksgiving Tot Book* Musings of Me-
Thanksgiving Printables. Check out the entire blog- she has many more great Thanksgiving resources ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment