I wanted to make the day special for the boys so Daddy went and got us donuts (it is also "D" week for Gator-Tot- reason enough right?) and coffee for the teacher.
Morning Time
*Morning Board with all the boys: pledge, calendar, number of days in school, weather, Bible verses, ____of the day (shape, color, letter, trait, animal, and state), and singing the Books of the Bible
*We are not doing workboxes (they were great but a little teacher intensive for me). Senior has a list of what independant work he needs to finish before lunch. They include: Math U See, math drill for 15 min (from the Math U See site), A Reason for Handwriting, a Complete Book of Animals worksheet, 15 min. of recorder practice, and 30 minutes of book basket.
*This is when I work with the little ones. I keep Freshman happy with toys while I work with G-Tot on ABCJLM work. Freshman does like to be included in some of the crafts.
*The past two days they have been finished with morning work by snack time (10am) and have free play until lunch. Senior has to have everything finished before he can join the little ones.
*Sometime before lunch I also read from G-Tot's book basket. Senior always seems to gravitate to us at that time ;-)
Here are the pictures from our first day. This was before snack time.
After lunch Freshman and Gator-Tot both get stories then take naps. They are usually down by 12:30 and up around 3:30.
Afternoon
This is the time that Senior and I work 1 on 1. We need to cover: All About Spelling, BJU English, and our ECC Geography, Science, and read aloud during this time. Daddy teaches the Bible lesson the night before. The past two days we have been done by 2pm! Then Senior can play outside with friends, free read, or play Wii (if he has earned it).
I prayerfully believe that we are going to have an amazing year!





Thanks for posting - I'm starting a tot time routine this fall for the first time so I enjoy reading what others are doing.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a super schedule!
ReplyDelete