Saturday, August 20, 2011

Tot-School~ ABCJLM "E" Week

Gator-Tot is 3 years
Freshman is 20 months

Tot School

ABC Jesus Loves Me

This was a very basic week. It is weeks like this that I am so happy that I am using ABC Jesus Loves me and have the year planned out. Some weeks I feel like planning extra fun activities like "rowing" a book but most, like this one, I am very happy that I can get the basics done. This is what our week looked like:

G-Tot loved the elephant books for our "E" week. Elmer is a favorite.

Here are just a few of the activities I had set up on Tot-Trays for G-Tot and Freshman. G-Tot enjoyed sorting our two shapes of the week. Freshman just enjoyed spilling the buttons all over my house ;-)
Shape sorting and stacking pegs are always a favorite.

Here are the boys coloring in the "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands" sheet.


I got out the paint bags again this week.

I also made a salt box for Gator-Tot to practice writing in. He seemed to really enjoy it but Freshman got a hold of it and made a big mess and it went up for the week- ha ha!

The two big boys worked on ABC pattern blocks.

I made the boys a new sensory bucket. Inspiration came from Counting Coconuts as usual.

They seemed to like it.

We didn't get to a lot of worksheets but G-Tot did like putting elephant stickers on his "E" sheet.

One of the planned activities from ABCJLM this week was a Memory Obstacle Course. It started out with them having to put together a shape puzzle.

Then G-Tot walked "heal to toe" on the line.

Then they crawled through the tunnel.

Then made a tower of blocks.

Finally, they jumped across the kitchen back to the finish (the puzzle).

Again, it was a very basic week but I feel very grateful that we at least got in some school. Next week we move on to "F". I will be linking up to 1+1+1=1 ~ Tot School.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful week!! I keep meaning to try that bin one of these days.

    Popping in from Tot School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get those cute buttons? Also, do you reuse your paint bags? Mine seemed to leak a bit last time, so I guess I have to make new ones!!
    Thanks, as always, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the bags. Mine are still holding up but I'm going to watch them carefully. I got the buttons from Oriental Trading. Awesome for sorting (by shape and color) and counting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basic week?! Wow, would love to see your non-basic week.

    Looks fantastic! I was going to ask about the buttons too- they look great. Not sure if oriental trading ships overseas but will look into it.

    I think my son would love the obstacle course- will have to look think about designing one although our living room is quite small...My son is a climber so anything active like this he loves!

    And wow your 20 month old does the alphabet pattern blocks? I don`t think mine would- where did you get the pieces? I see you got the prints from Makinglearningfun....I want to get some pattern type blocks like this for N for Christmas.

    Fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lulu,

    Thanks for visiting ;-) Our pattern blocks are from a wooden Melissa and Doug set that we got as a gift. My two big boys 7 & 3 years were the ones working on the pattern blocks, my 20 month old would have enjoyed throwing them everywhere- ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FUN WEEK! I love your sensory bin. I need to make a few paint bags, too. It's been on my to-do list, but I always forget! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete