Friday, August 12, 2011

Tot-School ABCJLM "D" week

Gator-Tot is 3 years
Freshman is 20 months

Tot School

ABC Jesus Loves Me

On our first day of school we had a special breakfast of donuts, which was very fitting for Gator-Tot's "D" week.

Here is how our week looked:

These are our book basket selections for the week. I went a little crazy with all the "D" books I had to choose from: dogs, ducks, dinosaurs and even a few back to school books.

A view of our school room.

I had the Tot-Trays filled with learning toys to keep Freshman busy.


Bible: We learned about baby Moses this week and Gator-Tot enjoyed several crafts.

Letter "D": We used worksheets from ABCJLM, COAH, and 1+1+1=1.

We learned about emotions and the boys loved playing with faces.

G-Tot worked with his name more this week. He can spell his first time!

Sensory/Fine Motor:

I filled plastic bags with old paint and let Gator-Tot practice his letters. He really liked it.

Freshman was not so sure ;-)

They also played with playdough.

and finger painted.



Here is my silly little boy anticipating the flash, ha!

I didn't do anything special with the sensory bucket this week. It is still colored alphabet pasta. The boys wanted to play with it several times.


All of the boys spent a lot of time outside at the Sand & Water table.

I froze plastic toys in some ice blocks and it was a favorite.

Picnics are so much fun!

Today, as a way to celebrate finishing our first week of school, the boys enjoyed McDonalds at an indoor play area.

It was a great week!

To see more Tot-School action from this week, visit 1+1+1=1.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! That looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing what you did. I have never seen paint in a plastic bag before. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm totally stealing that "paint in a bag" idea this week! I've seen it before, but never tried it. Thanks!

    Hope your next week is just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. The ice-block activity can be used in the tub, too. We've done that on a boring winter day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bev,

    Have them use a q-tip to write. It works better than a finger. A fingernail can scratch the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the q-tip "tip!" One more thing- where did you get that white paint holder that separates the paint colors (that Tot is using in the finger paint photo)?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got them from Oriental Trading but don't buy any. I will bring you at least 6 when I see you at the cabin. I could only buy a "gross" and I certainly don't need 12 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fab week! I didn`t link up this week since I tend to do our "theme" over 2 weeks but will link up next week.

    Love the paint in bag idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun week! Thanks for mentioning ABCJLM! Been looking it over LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete