Friday, May 20, 2011

Tot School~ ABC Jesus Loves Me - Week #3

Tot School

ABC Jesus Loves Me

Here is our finished learning poster from week #3!

You may notice from our learning poster that we are using the Bible verse from Totally Tots. I love the verses that Momma C picked for the curriculum but we don't have the particular CD that verse is on. It is a longer verse and Gator-Tot was having trouble with it not being in song form. I don't know if I will continue to use Totally Tots or ABCJLM, I guess I will go week by week.

Here are our books from this week. All of the "Llama Llama" books were a huge hit!

This is a peek at our Tot- Trays this week. They are: Stacking Pegs, Color Flash cards, apple lacing, playdough toys, wooden number puzzle, stacking toy, and ABC nesting blocks.

Elmo made an appearance in our Red Sensory Box.

Freshman had fun with the trays all week, which means mommy cleaned them up about a million times ;-) Why is it that toys have no appeal to children when they are spread all over the floor, but the moment you put them neatly back, kids can't keep their hands off of them? Ha Ha!


Senior enjoyed helping Gator-Tot color his Adam and Eve picture.

Working on the number 2.


Letter "A" Fun

We used some of Carissa's Tot-School Printables this week. Gator-Tot enjoyed them being magnets on the dishwasher.


He did really well lacing but needed my help holding.

I made what we are calling a "Letter 'A' Sound Box". I got the idea from Spell Outloud. It is colored letter pasta with pictures of "a" words. Gator-Tot used tongs to hunt for the pictures.

All three boys really enjoyed playing with it several times during the week.

Big brother helped G-Tot put foam letter stickers (from the Dollar Store) onto an apple- another Tot-School printable from 1+1+1=1.

After we practiced on our sandpaper letter, he traced his Aa. He used a different color crayon each time he did it, making a very pretty picture. The letter chants from ABCJLM are great and really work. Now, every time he sees an "A" he says, "pull down, pull down, across". So sweet!!

He had a great time stamping his letter in an apple (I got the printable from a link on ABCJLM).

All of the boys enjoyed Playdough again this week. Of course we used our colors this week: red, orange, and purple.

G-Tot loved using a Playdough mat for the first time. I printed this one from Homeschool Creations.
Another fun moment from this week. The big boys are just slightly obsessed with Lego Star Wars. They wanted to color pictures to decorate their new playroom (the old classroom).

All week, my sweet little tot just kept saying "tank you mommy" every time we did a school activity! He is so happy to have "school" of his own. Melt my heart!!

I will be linking up to 1+1+1=1 ~Tot School.

6 comments:

  1. Are the songs "Seeds Family Worship?" You can download them on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, they are mostly from "Steve Green- Hide Them in Your Heart" CD's. We have vol.1 but not 2 so we are missing some and you can't download them. The "Songs for Saplings" are free from the Totally Tots page, you can't beat that ;-) We have the "Seeds Family Worship #1" and LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of tracing the letters and numbers with different colored crayons. My little girl will love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun week!!! Love the letter chants.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came across your blog as I was looking for ideas to go along with the ABC Jesus Loves Me curriculum. I will be starting my 3 year old in August and am starting to prepare now. I just love seeing all the things you are doing to go along with the curriculum! I just had a quick question for you. Do you already have all the books you read each week, or do you check some out from a library?
    Keep up the good work, and I really look forward to seeing what more you do as the weeks go on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Erin,

    Wow! You have the most adorable kids! Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm glad you are finding it helpful. Lets see....the vast majority of our books I get from the library. All of the Llama, Llama books came from the library. Over the years, I have collected many books- mostly more of the timeless ones and board books since my kids like to chew on them ;-) I have purchased some of the Bible story books because our library doesn't seem to carry hardly any. I was lucky enough that our library system has all of the "Letter Sound Box" books. Unfortunately they don't have any of the number books and it just is not in the budget right now, so we have been going without. Please let me know if you have any more questions. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete