Friday, May 6, 2011

Tot-School~ABC Jesus Loves Me #1

Gator-Tot is 33 months old
Freshman is 16 months old

Tot School

This week I started a new curriculum with Gator-Tot. I had planned on starting ABC Jesus Loves Me- 3 year old in August but he wouldn't let me wait ;-) Everyday he was begging "me do school Mommy!!" (yes, I will work on his use of pronouns, ha ha) so I couldn't wait any longer.

This is only week one, but so far I am loving it. Momma C has done a great job planning and praying over this curriculum. I appreciate that she has thought of all of the different aspects of teaching a preschooler, not only the academics (Bible, letters, numbers and math) but also gross and fine motor. As a busy homeschooling mom, I really needed a curriculum that tells me exactly what I need to work on each week. Oh, and it is free! Yippee!

ABC Jesus Loves Me

Almost everything you see that we did this week was found from a link from ABCJLM~3 year-old~week #1.

One of the things that I will give myself credit for is G-Tot's Learning Poster. Although Momma C has a printable version on her site, I wanted something larger. I was so happy when the idea came to me to use clothes pins, this way I can display his work from the week. This is what the poster looked like at the start of the week.


Here are some of the books we used this week.

Our colors this week were: black, white, and blue. One day we had a black and white snack. This also worked well with our Bible story of Day 1-3 of creation.

I made a blue sensory bucket with a lot of blue toys from around the house.

This was a big hit with all three boys ;-)

Our gross motor activity this week was to play "Put the Fire Out". Senior had a great time!

Just so you know that we don't have perfect weeks, here is what Gator-Tot did.....
He was having a fit because the chalk broke, ha ha! He never did play the game but I will try again soon.

Mother's Day spoiler warning.....



The boys all worked on a craft for the Grandmas and Great-Grandmas.

Today was our easy going day so the boys spent some time playing with white, blue and black playdough.

Here is what our poster looked like at the end of the week. G-Tot really enjoyed all of the arts and crafts.

Can't wait for next week.

I am linking up to 1+1+1=1~Tot-School.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks so much for sharing with me. I am going to link to your blue sensory box if that is okay with you? Please keep the ideas coming and let me know when you have more. - Momma C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great week. The hand prints are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is so great when you find a curriculum that works well for you? :) Wishing you lots of continued fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing. I've never heard of this curriculum. I may use it when I am finished with the one I am using now. Thanks so much for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun! I'll have to check out that curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    This looks really great! The poster is so cleaver looking!

    I am going to be homeschooling my six year old, and found this site on accident - I'll definately be looking at the curriculum for my 2 1/2 year old little tyrant (I mean little girl!).

    Question: why does it say "Math" where you have the colors?

    Thanks!

    (your boys are adorable!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awe, thanks for the complement on my boys. I did the math label because that is the way Momma C has it broken down on her 36 week table (color/math). I didn't have enough room to include everything exactly the way I would have like it, but it works good. By the end of the week I have crafts on almost all of the clothes pins ;-) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I have a 3-year-old (and a 1-year-old), and I plan on homeschooling but I just haven't gotten around to doing anything "official" with her (though we love to read, do art projects, etc.). My computer crashed recently and I lost many of the bookmarks I had for different homeschool ideas, so I decided to search for some more.

    I found the ABC JLM site, then happened upon yours. I love the idea of the poster board with the clothes pins! Are the clothes pins fixed, and you just rotate the lessons on the same board?

    Definitely bookmarking your site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was clicking on your curriculum links above right for Gator-Tot (your 2-year-old curriculum) to get some more ideas, but I'm having trouble with the last link? -Tot Beginnings from Home Grown Hearts says that you have to be invited to view their blog... Is there any way you can post what you used from that blog, so all of us can reference it? I LOVE everything else, and I would love to be able to see this too!!! Reading the ABCJesusLovesMe curriculum and everything you've posted makes me very excited about teaching this fall! Thank you so much for the help and encouragement! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your poster you made! I will definately be using that if you dont mind!! One question though: any tips on home schooling a 3 yr old with a 16 month old running around? I know you have 3 kids so it is possible, but any tips on what to do with the baby while needing to really work with the 3 yr old? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Answers to a few questions:

    Connie- I am so sorry that "Home Grown Hearts" has gone private. She wasn't at the time I posted the link :-(

    Kara- Yes, homeschooling two little ones is possible but there are some days I don't know how I do it, ha! Morning school time is devoted to my two little ones (my eldest works on independent work). I use a combination of these things:
    * If you check out my most recent posts you will see that Freshman (20 month old now) plays on the floor with learning toys that I rotate out each week. I also try and set up tot-trays for him- you can learn more about those at 1+1+1=1. He very quickly pulls everything out and has destroyed the classroom but it occupies him for a few minutes.
    * Freshman pretty much wants to do everything that Gator-Tot does, so when the 3 year old is coloring his Bible sheet with markers then Freshman is coloring his hands, clothes and face with markers (thank goodness for washable). In short, I usually give the 1 year-old the same activity as the three year-old to keep him happy.

    I hope this helps! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete