Look at our baby birds! The rate of growth was truly amazing to watch. This is what they looked like at the beginning of the week and by Wednesday, they had flown away :-( We really miss them (all except Daddy, who was left with quite a mess). This was such a great learning experience.All About Spelling Level 2: Step 15
First Language Lessons: Lessons 109-112
Reading: There were so many amazing books in our book basket this week! I hate when we can't read them all. I was really happy with the ones that Senior chose to read. Here are just two of the many books he read.

Adventures (week #29): Bible was a continuation of learning that Jesus is the Good Shepard. Again, our read aloud of "Mountain Born" was just perfect! I had a slightly different experience than Jennifer @ Training Them Up while reading the last chapter. I also cried and had trouble reading but my son just looked at me in the strange way and said (in a shocked voice), "Mom are you CRYING?!". I asked him if he thought it was sad and he said, "Yeah, it was sad but I guess only girls cry". In history we visited Kansas, West Virgina, Nevada, and Nebraska.
We only did a few of the experiments because Senior decided that he wanted to to them with Daddy. I guess Mommy is not as cool ;-)





it seems like i'm crying at the end of all our read alouds lately...
ReplyDeletewe have baby birds too! i plan to post some pics later this week (they are brand new)
heading to jennifer's to see what the fuss is about (connor read mtn born a month or so ago...and really loved it)
kathi
Hilarious!! Yes, you're in a testosterone-rich environment, aren't you?? You may well be sobbing on your own throughout your homeschool years! And I understand about not being as cool as Daddy. Millie actually cried because I took her to dance practice Saturday instead of Daddy taking her. Really? It's a big enough deal to CRY about?! Made me feel like chopped liver!!
ReplyDelete