Monday, May 16, 2011

Tot-School~ ABC Jesus Loves Me - Week#2

Gator-Tot is 33 months
Freshman is 16 months
Tot School

ABC Jesus Loves Me

This was week #2 of ABC Jesus Loves Me~3 year-old curriculum. Everything we did this week can be found from a link on Momma C's curriculum. Here is a look at G-Tot's learning poster.


So far, he is really loving the sandpaper numbers. He loves giving me his hand so I can run his finger over the number and say the "chant". All of a sudden he is refusing to color? He gets very upset when he goes out of the lines and begs for me to erase it. I am not forcing him so until he starts to enjoy it again we will skip the coloring (I will continue to encourage him to try).

Again, the color sensory bucket was a big hit.

I am trying to get back in the habit of rotating our Tot-trays. It is an exercise in patience for me because Freshman pretty much destroys them 10 times a day ;-) Here are some of the learning toys I set out this week.

On one of the trays, I set out laminated creation flashcards and I was surprised that G-Tot actually showed interest and played with them.

Here are the books that we used this week. "Mr. Brown can Moo" is one of our favorites and the boys really enjoyed going on a sound walk- it was a highlight of our week.


Senior studied the Transcontinental Railroad this week so we went on a field trip to a local Locomotive Museum. We went on a morning when there was a preschool program. The theme for the week was "Old Fashioned Games". Both Gator-Tot and Senior enjoyed playing games like: "Ring Around the Rosie", "Duck, Duck, Goose", and "Hopscotch".


Inside they played in the preschool room.




To see what other Tots did this week, head on over to 1+1+1=1.

No comments:

Post a Comment