Saturday, May 28, 2011

Week in Review 36

I can't believe we are finishing up our first year of homeschool- only 2 more weeks!! I just had to take a trip down memory lane..

Here the boys are on our 1st day.


And here we are 36 weeks later ;-) I honestly can't believe how much they all have grown. Even though there were days where I questioned my own sanity, I wouldn't trade one moment. It makes me sad to see how fast the past year has gone, I couldn't even fathom it if they were in school/daycare. Thank you God for calling me to homeschool!

Ok, so what did we do this week? To be honest, I feel myself really slacking off. It doesn't help that public school ended this week and there have been constant knocks on the door.

Math U See: Lesson 11

All About Spelling Level 2: Step 18

First Language Lessons: only lesson 123, oops!

Reading: A few of the book basket selections.


Here are Senior's fun books this week:


Adventures (week #32): For the next two weeks we will be learning that Jesus is "the Word". Senior had an activity that helped him understand how important our words are and that they should only be used to build others up (Ephesians 4:29).

In history, he visited four more states: Montana, Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming (only 6 more to go).

I have still been slacking in our science experiments but we did enjoy learning about inventors this week along with sound.

We are also well into our final read aloud for Adventures, "In Grandma's Attic". I love this book and it brings back such fond memories of my Grandma- especially her button basket. I was really surprised at how much Senior has been enjoying it. He always asks for, "one more chapter"!
Here is just a great candid shot I captured this week ;-) Senior really loves reading to his little brothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment