Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tot School ~ ABCJLM Week #4

Gator-Tot is 33 months
Freshman is 17 months
Tot School

This week was our 4th week using ABC Jesus Loves Me and I am very happy! We actually completed what was listed as week 5 because I skipped the review week. Gator-Tot seemed to grasp the first 3 weeks really well so I thought we could move on and review later if we needed to. I'm not trying to rush through it, I just thought I would take his lead.

ABC Jesus Loves Me

Here is our finished poster for the week. I have decided to continue with the Bible verses from Totally Tots (Songs for Saplings). G-Tot really seems to be doing well with the short verses. We are LOVING the songs from Momma C, they have been a favorite all week!

Here are our books and movie from this week.

Although, I am obviously not using Before 5 In a Row as the base of our curriculum, I do want to "row" books as they come up in ABCJLM or they fit with our letter of the week. This week "My Blue Boat" worked really well for us.

I have said before how much I LOVE all the amazing things Michelle @ Delightful Learning does with BFIAR and FIAR. I took a lot of inspiration from Michelle when they "rowed" "My Blue Boat".

I have started our Lap Journal but didn't get a picture of our work this week. Here are the boys doing a crayon resist water color picture.


Gator-Tot enjoyed this.


Letter Fun

G-Tot is still not wanting to color much but enjoyed tracing his "B". This is a coloring sheet to go with his Bible verse.

He is loving Dot Painting. This sheet is from COAH.

We used more Tot-School printables from 1+1+1=1 and are still loving them.

Freshman loved the magnets this week.

A fun craft we did this week was "Blue Bubble Painting". Another idea borrowed from Michelle ;-) Can you tell that he had a blast?



The boys helped me make Banana Bread for snack.

The fine motor exercise this week was cutting. G had never picked up a pair of scissors before this week and I was a little worried. To try and make it easier for him I cut strips from our extra bubble paint artwork and stamped "B"s on them. He cut between the letters.

He needed help holding the paper but overall he did really well for this 1st time. He loved it!

Our Bible story this week was Noah. They boys had a great time working on several Noah crafts.

We made puppets from foam stickers that I got on clearance last year after VBS. We used these to help us act out our story and song for the week.

Even little Freshman enjoyed.

Here is a candid shot from this week. Gator-Tot wants big brother to read to him now before nap time. I don't know if I should be happy for the break or sad I'm missing out on my snuggle time (Daddy does nighttime reading)?


Next week, we are moving onto ABCJLM week #6 which includes "C". I think we may camp here for a few weeks and study "C is for caterpillar" and "B is for butterfly" while we watch our Butterfly Garden.



Our verse is so perfect, "We will be changed into His likeness."

I am linking up to Tot-School @ 1+1+1=1 this week.

4 comments:

  1. I love the crayon-resist pictures. We have the same Noah's Ark stickers, too. I like this idea for using them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog through ABC Jesus Loves Me (one of your posts is used as an example!) I really like what you are doing and am very impressed with your organization!! I'm working on plans for this next year for my soon to be 3 year old (and is little brother who is not far behind him); your ideas are helping me plan :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas! I'm trying to combine a couple free curriculums I found (one of them ABCJLM), but it gets overwhelming with all the different resources available! I love the alphabet verses from Totally Tots... now I'm wondering if I should use those instead of ABCJLM's memory verses. Decisions, decisions!

    I picked my own themes and vocab words for each week, but want to use the Biblical framework at ABCJLM.

    Good luck as you work your way through the alphabet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been looking at ABC Jesus loves me too. Wondering if you are still using it and what you are thinking?

    ReplyDelete