
I am taking inspiration from Carisa @ 1+1+1=1 and trying to do "Something Special" with the boys together each day. I am not as organized as she is and I don't have a schedule, but I think this is a great idea and I pray I can continue it.
Something Special: The boys made paper bag pumpkins after I read "It's Pumpkin Time". I saw the idea here from 2 Teaching Mommies.
While everyone was a mess we also made a pumpkin patch. This is an idea I borrowed from Carisa again :) You can find it here.
They were a HIT!
First Language Lessons: Completed Lessons 45-47
All About Spelling: Finished Step 17. He is loving this more each week. He literally does a fist pump when he finds out it is a day he gets to do dictation, HA! I love that each time I give him a phrase to dictate, he will repeat it back to me in a sentence he has made up ;-)
Reading: For reading this week, Senior read 4 of our "book basket" books. He did a setting worksheet, a book report, and two comprehension tests.


Adventures: In history we studied: Thomas Jefferson, The Declaration of Independence, more about The Revolutionary War and The American Flag- whew!!While studying the meaning behind "Yankee Doodle" we made Hasty Pudding. Even after a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar, Senior was hesitant to try. It did not get rave reviews from him but at least he tried.
On the other hand, my little Gator-Tot loved it!
We did an experiment to see what material would absorb water the best. We tested: cardstock, tissue paper, Kleenex, paper towel, washcloth, and a sponge. This was a simple experiment that really helped Senior understand that porous materials absorb better.
He was so serious and in this picture you can see him counting to make sure it was a fair experiment ;-)
In both art and music, Senior is finally starting to get more interested. In "I Can Do All Things" he has started working with markers and soon paint (oh my!). We also have started studying Tchaikovsky & the Nutcracker Suite.We are working on our third read aloud, Sarah Whitcher's Story. I think this is our favorite so far.
Jamie is hosting the Weekly Wrap Up this week so hop on over.





I never even thought to use black for the color separating experiment! And I never would have guessed that green would have come from it. And I completely agree with you--I think the quill pen writing was our highlight, too! Looks like y'all had FUN in school! :)
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys hanging with me this week! :*(
Looks like another full and fun week! Look forward to and love your weekly wraps ups -- thanks for sharing all the pics, links, and tips!
ReplyDeleteI especially love your pumpkin theme projects...What a perfect fall activity!