Friday, October 8, 2010

Tot School~ Fall Leaves

Gator-Tot is 26 months
Freshman is 9 months

Tot School
Week #9
Theme: Fall Leaves

This week was kind of a strange week for us. We all were a little sick and I did not accomplish most of what I had planned :( This is was we did do...

Tot-Trays

Our trays this week: Fall sensory playdough, Fall sensory bucket, spooning leaves, fall color button sorting, alphabet wooden puzzle, Tall-Stacking Pegs.

Honestly we didn't have Tot-School in the classroom hardly at all this week so the trays didn't get played with. I think I will leave them the same for our next week of school.

Themed
We made a fall snack of baked tortillas with cinnamon and sugar. This is what happens when you let the two year old "sprinkle" on the cinnamon and sugar, ha ha.


But they sure were yummy!!


We sponge painted some leaves.

They were used to transform our apple tree for fall. Here the boys are playing a Leaf Shadow file folder game.

Here is a picture of the one day we actually had Circle Time this week.

We went on a walk to collect some signs of autumn.

This is one of the few trees in our neighborhood that is starting to change.


We made leaf rubbings.

Don't be fooled, mommy did most of G-Tot's ;)

We also made watercolor fall trees. The trunks were arm and hand prints.


Non-Themed
This week Senior and Gator-Tot made stepping stones to remind us that Jesus is our Rock! G loved painting his.
He also tried out big brother's Tricorn Hat.


Mommy's Favorite

This would be some extra-curricular art from big brother. Senior assured me that G-Tot wanted him to paint his face! HA HA!


Can you believe that I didn't get one picture of my sweet little Freshman this week?! I told you it was an off week. Next week we are on vacation in Florida so it will be all "life school" for us. Have a great week.

Books from this week:

2 comments:

  1. Love the arm/handprint tree! Looks like you still had a great week ~ hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you got the fun hands-on stuff done this week! Have a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete