2. His reading book "Buttons for General Washington" (I forgot to tell him only to read half and he finished it- I guess no reading tomorrow, ha!) and a character map. This was the first time we worked on a character map and he did really well.
3. Lego instructions to build a pumpkin ;-) He was so surprised and LOVED it!
5. Halloween creative writing worksheet.
6. MFW Adventures history reading.
If you would like to see what was "in the box" for other kids today, visit Confessions of a Homeschooler.





I love the extra "fun" stuff you put in your boxes.....makes you school day look exciting and interesting!
ReplyDeleteI'm probably showing my ignorance here, but how do you use the "character map?"
BTW - thanks for linking up your stuff so the rest of us can see where you got and it possibly use it too!
I'm glad that I can help! The way that I am having him use the character map (this may not be the intended use) is to put the main character's name on the head and then at the different parts of the body list a characteristic. Yesterday he put things like: spy, brave but nervous, lived during the revolutionary war...etc. I am not a teacher so it may not be completely correct. I was just trying to get him to more completely describe the character.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Whether it's the "correct" way or not -- I like it! I'll have to use this with my daughter --- nice to have something "new" to use instead of the same old, same old!
ReplyDelete