Friday, October 22, 2010

Tot School~Fall/Pumpkins

Gator-Tot is 27 months
Freshman is 9 months old

Tot School
Week #10
Theme: Fall/Pumpkins

Something Special

I am taking a page out of Carisa's book and have started to do "Something Special" with the boys most days of the week. I am not all that super organized yet and don't have a schedule but here are a few things we did this week.

The two big boys helped me make pumpkin muffins.

And everyone helped eat them :)

Today we read "It's Pumpkin Time" and made paper bag pumpkins. I got inspiration from this post on 2 Teaching Mommies.


While the paint was already out and the boys were a mess I decided to do this little Pumpkin Patch Craft that Carisa did. I love that all the boys little prints are on there (I wish I would have remembered to do mine and Daddy's and I forgot the stems, ha ha).

I also printed and laminated the Fall Leaves and Pumpkin Songs from 1+1+1=1, found here. I didn't get any pictures but Gator-Tot really enjoyed the songs.

Tot-Trays

I did keep the trays the same from our last week of school.

G played several times with the fall color sort.

He enjoyed our Fall Sensory Bucket.

His favorite tray had to be the "leaf spooning". He pulled this out many times.

He can do this puzzle all by himself now :) He is growing up so fast!


Themed Activities
The boys colored a pumpkin color by letter sheet- found at 2 Teaching Mommies. G can't follow instructions like this yet but LOVES to color.


He also loved to color in the coloring book from the Fall Tot-Pack from 2 Teaching Mommies.

This is also a part of the Fall Tot-Pack that I laminated and put together with a binder ring. Gator-Tot loved going through these over and over again.


He worked on the Fall Leaves File Folder game again and loved it.


Tiny Tot-School

This was a big week for our little Freshman as he started to CRAWL! Mommy is not so sure what to think as this adds a whole new dimension to the house.

He helped himself to big brother's tot tray :) Don't worry I was watching him the whole time, those buttons are bigger than they look.

He is even getting up to his hands and knees. I'm in big trouble, ha ha!

Head on over to 1+1+1=1 to see what other Tot's did this week.

Books from this week:

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how in the world you manage to get all of this done! You amaze me! And I'm sure a crawling baby will add a whole new dimension to your school . . . I'll be prayin' for ya!

    ReplyDelete