Friday, October 1, 2010

Tot School~The Farm

Gator-Tot is 25 months old
Freshman is 9 months old

Tot School
Week #8
Theme: The Farm
Letter Focus: F
Tot Trays
This week trays: "apple" playdough and sensory bucket, wooden farm puzzle, farm animal matching puzzle, Little People farm & Farm See & Say.

Gator-Tot got these puzzles for his second birthday and they are a big hit! I only got out the farm animals for him to work on this week.


This is one of our many wooden puzzles that G loves to play with.

Theme Activities

I got most of the printables from 2 Teaching Mommies! They have an awesome Farm Lesson Plan. I can't wait to use some of their ideas for our leaf theme next week :) Go check them out!

Here is G with the Head and Tail match from the Farm Tot Pack from 1+1+1=1.


Shape TractorAfter we used pom-poms to add spots to the cow, G-Tot colored some on with the dry erase marker.

He is still doing well with size sorting.

And boy oh boy does this little one LOVE to color!

G-Tot loved this farm floor puzzle. This was a gift for Senior several years ago so I can't find the exact one on-line but this one is close.

I got out the Leap Frog farm magnets but somehow forgot to put in new batteries (oops, hee hee).

Non-Themed Activities

The boys enjoyed dot painting the letter Ff from Confessions of a Homeschooler.


A favorite was gluing feathers to the letter F. {do you see the V's and A's? G-Tot made them!!}


Tiny Tot School

Freshman loved playing with all the farm toys this week!


Such a happy little man!


Mom's Favorite

Not the best picture but I love getting them all together.


Farm Books from this week:


Farm Toys from this week:

5 comments:

  1. I am following your blog and I love your pictures! My little ones are about the same age as yours. I have a first grader, 26 month old, and 10 month old. The little ones make the school day "interesting" don't they! I love your tot set up. We are doing MFW 1st, and I am still in the process of setting up my tot stuff. Keep up the good work! Kattie
    http://2ladybugsandalizard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wrangling even 2 kids into a photo is challenging, so I can only imagine how much harder with 3! Looks like a terrific week full of farmy-goodness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great week! We did F this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I found your blog over at the Tot School link. Looks like you had a great week. We are using Readinglessons.com for our letter/sound order this year, so I am not sure when we will get to F. We did P last week and we are doing M this week. But I love your F ideas and all the farm related activities. We made feather F's last year. I really liked your idea of using pompoms for the cows spots. Cute. I have a 3 1/2 year old, a 2 year old and a 5 month old.
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete