
Not many pictures this week of Senior :(
Math U See: Completed Lessons 11 & 12. Senior continues to amaze us with his ability to do word problems. My husband, who is an actuary (big time math & stat guy), is just over the moon.
Reading: This week we took a break from chapter books to work on some reading comprehension drills. I wanted to nail down his reading level so that I can continue to challenge him. He is on a 5th grade instructional level so now I have a better idea on where to go. Although now I have the problem of making sure the books are not too mature and the work is not too advanced for his writing level. Any tips would be appreciated.
All About Spelling: Completed Step 15 and dictation is one of his favorite things.
Adventures: In Bible we are learning how Jesus is our ROCK. We have been signing a lot this week. Both the boys have been enjoying "The Wise Man..."
In History we learned about Ben Franklin this week. Senior really had a great time learning about him and watching the movie "What's the Big Idea Ben Franklin?". We also made a Poor Richards Almanac.
For Science we learned about the layers of the Earth. Here is Senior learning more about volcanoes.Then we had the most fun making an Edible Earth.
You can see all the yummy layers :)
Go on over to Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers to see what other families did this week.





you made an almanac. very cool. for science i am stumped with my 10yr old boy. he's fifth grade. i'm thinking of having him read the story of inventions or going through the usborned science book....any thoughts are appreciated. :)
ReplyDeletegreat pictures.
blessings on your weekend.
Oh I love the edible earth idea! Thanks for sharing ---happy homeschooling!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the edible earth idea!!! And WOW on having a 1st grader reading on a 5th grade level. I mean, truly WOW!
ReplyDeleteAnd about your comment on my blog . . . you may end up a week behind us for a little while, but our last week of school for 2010 is Thanksgiving, so we'll end up behind you, I'm sure. Which is a good thing because then I can use some of YOUR ideas like the edible earth! LOVE IT!!! :)
Great idea! An edible Earth. I'm going to be a week behind you soon because of Fair Week - so I'll be able to use your great ideas!
ReplyDeleteMonica