Gator Tot is 26 months
Freshman is 10 months

Something Special

Week #11
Theme: Halloween
Theme: Halloween
Something Special
I was able to continue this week with our "Something Special". One day we sang pumpkin songs that I got from 1+1+1=1. "5 Little Pumpkins" was by far the favorite with G Tot.
On our Arts & Crafts day we did several projects. I saved the paper plates that the boys mixed paint on last week because I knew we could use them this week :) So while I was setting up another project, they designed a Jack-O-Lantern face from pieces that I pre-cut. Very simple but they really enjoyed it.
On our Arts & Crafts day we did several projects. I saved the paper plates that the boys mixed paint on last week because I knew we could use them this week :) So while I was setting up another project, they designed a Jack-O-Lantern face from pieces that I pre-cut. Very simple but they really enjoyed it.
But the best project was making hand-print bats and footprint ghosts. I LOVE hand & footprint art!! Senior snapped this picture while I was working with Freshman, ha ha.
The final product! I just love seeing all the boys prints together!
On our cooking day, we made popcorn balls. Gator Tot refused to touch them after he heard big brother say they were hot :( At least Senior had a great time.
Tot Trays
Our trays this week: Halloween playdough with themed cookie cutters, Halloween sensory bucket, Halloween pom pom spooning, Halloween stickers, shape puzzle, and nesting boxes.
The sensory bucket is our October bucket minus the silk leaves and acorns with Halloween erasers added for fun.
This was the first time we did stickers, and although he couldn't peel the backing off by himself, he really enjoyed it.
Again the favorite was the spooning activity. I put out many different containers and he had a blast spoon and transferring them! This was played with everyday.
Themed Activities
I had a Mr. Pumpkin Head up on the white board for the boys to play with all week. I got the idea from this link that 2 Teaching Mommies put up on Facebook.
I had a Mr. Pumpkin Head up on the white board for the boys to play with all week. I got the idea from this link that 2 Teaching Mommies put up on Facebook.
Tiny Tot School
I can't believe how mobile Freshman got this week. He couldn't be kept out of G Tot's trays. He loved feeling the pom poms and chewing on the puzzle pieces.
This weekend we went to the Pumpkin Patch to get the family pumpkin. All the boys had a really great time. Here are my favorite pictures.




Love the footprint ghosts! Ella would not cooperate in my keepsake Halloween craft:-( What a lovely keepsake you will have to keep! Thanks for sharing! Kerri
ReplyDeleteLOVE Mr. Pumpkin Head ---- what a cute idea! Pumpkin Patches are so much fun too --- we didn't get to one this year, but have good memories of a previous trip!
ReplyDeleteAs always - enjoyed your interesting post (with links!!!).
What a wonderful week! We had fun with those pumpkin songs too.
ReplyDelete