Saturday, August 7, 2010

First Grade-Week in Review #1

We had a wonderful first week of school! Surprisingly, we were able to stick to our "schedule" fairly well. Here is a peak into our week:

First Day of School 2010!


All About Spelling: Senior completed Step 4


Practicing in saving cream was a big hit!


Math U See: Completed Lesson 4


Reading: Read "Viking Ships at Sunrise" and completed a mini book report.



First Language Lessons of the Well Trained Mind: Competed Lessons 8-12

Adventures: Senior started his timeline, worked on maps of the USA and the world, and learned about the Vikings.

"Book Basket" was a hit each day.


We all enjoyed our Red, White and Blue muffin tin lunch.


In Science, Senior did his first experiment. His hypothesis was the exact opposite of what happened but he thought is was awesome!


Each day, I added in a fun logic type puzzle. Here is senior working on his Tanograms.


At the end of the week we watched the movie of "Lyle the Kindly Viking". Even though Senior is a little old for it and has watched it before, we still enjoyed.
My favorite quotes from this week: "Can I blow up the house with this experiment!!" and "New.found.land, Canada- I GET IT!!!"

What a blessing this week has been!

3 comments:

  1. This is so neat. I have been using you for ideas for MFW. I cant't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a great first week! I'm so glad you and the guys did so well. :-) Thanks for all the helpful links. You are right about the 1+1 site- awesome! We're going to try out some of those ideas next week. I'll let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete