
I am linking up to the Weekly Wrap Up over @ Weird, Unsocialized Homeschoolers for the first time this week. I thought it would be fun since I do a recap anyway. So head on over and check out how others did this week.
Wow, this week has flown by! This week felt very different because of the change in our schedule by the addition of Co-Op on Mondays. Senior has handled the change and loves co-op already.
He is still enjoying Tot-School every day. I am happy that he does not think it is too "baby" and I love that he enjoys arts and crafts :) This week he wanted to take on more of a teacher roll, and read our book for us every morning.
Finally, with lesson 7 he is having to practice and memorize. Here he is playing "Add It" from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
All About Spelling: Completed Step 7 & 8. He is still not challenged yet, so I will continue to double up lessons.
Reading: His book this week was "Tippy Lemmey". He has moved on to a slightly more difficult "Book Report" from Busy Teacher's Cafe. We have been focusing on setting this week.
Adventures: In Bible we continue to focus on the name of "Jesus". Here Senior is making his craft.Side note: I am glad today is Friday, because during the making of this craft: I burned myself on the iron and Senior was messing around and cut a chuck of his hair out.
In science we learned how air pushes.
The only history we had this week was via book basket because we doubled up in week 2. Senior loved seeing the pictures of The Jamestown Settlement in his books. Each time he came across a picture he would say, "I was there!".
Have I mentioned before that book basket is my favorite time?
We are looking forward to studying "The Light of the World", Native Americans and Stars next week after a few days rest.





Welcome to the weekly wrap-up! Looks like a good week overall, but we ALL have those difficult days!
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have had a great productive week (except for the burn). Nice to meet you.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an awesome week! Sorry to hear about the burn and impromtu hair cut though.
ReplyDeleteHey.. going to have to check out the "Add It" from COAH and the book report stuff you do too.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great week. Check ours out too.
http://discovertheirgifts.blogspot.com/2010/08/mfw-adventures-wrap-up-for-week-3.html
I'm on the weekly wrap.. glad you joined
Monica
It does take a ton of work and a lot of prayer, but when you mix that with God's grace . . . LOOK OUT! :) Looks like you're doing a great job!!!
ReplyDelete