Friday, August 27, 2010

Tot School~ The Very Hungry Caterpillar

Gator-Tot is 24 months old
Freshman is 8 months old

Tot School
Week #3
Theme- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
Letter Focus- C

Tot-Trays

Trays this week: "sunflower" play dough, sunflower sensory bucket, shape puzzle, color puzzle, pom-pom transfer, Tall-Stacker Peg toy.

I only expected G-tot to transfer the pom-poms using his fingers this time. I don't think his fine motor is up to tongs just yet, but I will try it out soon. By the end of the week, the boys were trying to throw them into the ice cube tray, ha ha.

I hid the puzzle pieces in the sensory bucket for a little change. G loved this!


The pegs are always a big hit with both boys.

Theme

This week we "rowed" The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I used a lot of the tot-pack from 1+1+1=1 and many of the "C is for Caterpillar" printables from Confessions of a Homeschooler.

Again, the boys loved coloring all the parts of the story throughout the week. Finally on Friday everything was finished and they could act out the story.




We glued pom-poms to our "C is for caterpillar" page.


And made beautiful hand print butterflies.

We also dot painted our "C is for Caterpillar" sheets.

G-Tot surprised me this week with how much he loved to play with the alphabet part to the tot-pack. He could name and identify most of the alphabet, and could match upper to lower case for about half!!

Yeah!! Buddy!!
Non- Themed

The boys enjoyed painting. We also made our foam "C" to add to our classroom alphabet (not pictured).

Tiny Tot-School

This week Freshman worked on sitting.


He played with lots of toys but loved the Peek-a- Blocks the most.


Next week- D is for Dinosaur! I have two very excited boys!

Head on over to 1+1+1=1 to see what other tots did this week in school.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome week!

    So cute hiding the shapes in the rice. My tot loves the rice bin. Too bad she's a rice thrower and Mommy won't get that out for her anymore. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to hide thinks on the sensory tub as well!! You did a great work congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are doing C is for Caterpillar this week, and I'm even more excited about our crafts now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The handprint butterflies came out great. Although I've gotten brutal about culling the papers that I save, I can never get rid of handprint art -- it makes such a nice keepsake, and my oldest loves looking back at his handprints over time and marvelling how much his hands have grown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many fun ideas here! I actually just agreed today to host a Very Hungry Caterpillar craft playdate next week, so I'm thrilled to see so many great possibilities. This is our first week linking up with Tot School and I am loving seeing what everyone is up to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also, I'm impressed how much they color in. My son just does some scribbles, but he'll never fill in a whole area. :)

    ReplyDelete