Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tot-School Planning

Gator-Tot is 24 months old
Freshman is 7 months old
Tot School

Tomorrow will be our first day of "official" homeschool. Senior will be starting 1st grade and Gator-Tot will have his first day of Tot-School. I have been having so much fun planning for Tot-School.

Here is my plan at this moment....

  • We will have a monthly sensory bin and playdough.
  • There will be a weekly theme or book focus.
  • I will expose G-Tot to a letter per week but that will not be our focus.
  • I will also alternate color or shape per week along with a number.
  • We will have 1hr/day of focused Tot time. During this time we will work on crafts, puzzles, etc.
  • G-Tot will have 6 Tot-Trays per week to explore freely during Seniors school time.
  • Because Senior has school 5 days/week, we will have Tot-school 5 days/week.
I have been planning for both Senior and G-Tot like crazy. I have the next several weeks fully planned. I have several of our crafts cut and gathered together. Here is a look at our plan for this week..


Here are our trays ready to go. I can't wait to see G-Tot's face when he sees all the fun.


Here are our sensory items for the month. Our theme this month is sunflowers. In our bin we have: white rice, sunflower seeds, and silk and felt sunflowers from Hobby Lobby.


Our playdough is sunflower yellow with green glitter and is coconut scented.


Ready or not here we go!!

6 comments:

  1. Very cute! Love the coconut scented playdough

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting your plan for G-Tot, gives me some more ideas!!

    I also love the coconut scented playdough! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your sensory bin with sunflowers and sunflower seeds. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have a great week ahead of you- I will be excited to hear how it goes! I too like the sensory bin- so cute!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat Sensory Bin! I was going to suggest checking out Counting Coconuts for other sensory bin ideas but you already have Mari-Ann's blog as a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your sensory tub! Such a great idea to use sunflowers and sunflower seeds. It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete