Gator-Tot is 24 months
Freshman is 7 months

Week #1
Theme: Sunflowers
Letter focus: A
Color focus: yellow
Theme: Sunflowers
Letter focus: A
Color focus: yellow
Our first day of school 2010!
Tot-Trays
Our trays this week included: sunflower sensory bucket, playdough, sunflower small spaces, sunflower counting, number and shape puzzle, and Duplo blocks.


Hits: G-Tot loved putting the sunflowers in the holes of the container, he also loved his puzzle that he can do with very little help.
Misses: G didn't play much with the sensory bucket (may be due to the fact that all he heard when we had it out was "over the bucket, over the bucket, over the bucket"). He also didn't play much with the blocks or counting game.

I planned on the boys finger painting a paper plate yellow to make a sunflower but G did not want to touch the paint, ha ha. Senior loved this craft.


We made an A for Alligator from No Time for Flashcards.

At the end of the week, Senior practiced his spelling in saving cream, but again, G would not touch it.

Both boys spent some time this week coloring on the white board with white board crayons.

We took some time this week to celebrate a special Tot's 2nd birthday! Happy Birthday my big boy!!

Yeah, new Tot-School toys from Aunt B and Grammie. Thank You!
Hits: G-Tot loved putting the sunflowers in the holes of the container, he also loved his puzzle that he can do with very little help.
Misses: G didn't play much with the sensory bucket (may be due to the fact that all he heard when we had it out was "over the bucket, over the bucket, over the bucket"). He also didn't play much with the blocks or counting game.
Tot-School Time

We hunted for the color yellow. Well, Senior and I hunted and G-Tot kept trying to put everything back where it belonged, ha ha. I had no idea he was so orderly :P
G loved dot painting his letter A from Confession of a Homeschooler.
I planned on the boys finger painting a paper plate yellow to make a sunflower but G did not want to touch the paint, ha ha. Senior loved this craft.
We made an A for Alligator from No Time for Flashcards.
At the end of the week, Senior practiced his spelling in saving cream, but again, G would not touch it.
Both boys spent some time this week coloring on the white board with white board crayons.
We took some time this week to celebrate a special Tot's 2nd birthday! Happy Birthday my big boy!!
Yeah, new Tot-School toys from Aunt B and Grammie. Thank You!









You are accomplishing so much...I'm almost overwhelmed at how much you're able to do! Could you do a post sometime on how you researched and decided which websites, etc. to pull from? Also, could you explain exactly what tot trays, lapbooks, etc. even are? :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing what you are doing wiht the boys each week! It looks like you guys had a GREAT first week. I can't wait to see more. We get started next week, say a prayer.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much ladies! Ashley, believe me I am overwhelmed too! There is SO much to choose from out in bloggy land. The best place to start with Tot-School is 1+1+1=1. In my blog list, click on the last link to Tot-School. This is my #1 place! Check out all of her "Behind the Scenes" posts- that is where I started. Let me know if you need more help.
ReplyDeleteAsh, I went in and added in some links- hope this helps out a little more :)
ReplyDeleteYou did a great job with Tot School! I love the sunflower theme! I'm looking forward to following along, my daughter is just 2 months older than your Gator-Tot! :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a fabulous week. Love all the sunflower activities. I had to lol at your son putting everything away. I wish my tot would be that enthusiastic about clean-up. Lol
ReplyDeleteWe have an Aunt B and a Grammy too!!! I love writing in shaving cream. So much fun! I have got to do the sunflower activities.
ReplyDeleteYou look like you've got everything so organized, it's impressive!
ReplyDeleteLady with the Alligator Purse is one of our favorite books around here. Daddy and I both no longer need the book to recite it, heh =)