Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's in the Box Wednesday~ 9-29-10

I thought that I would participate for the first time with Erica at Confessions of a Homeschooler and her "What's in the Box Wednesday".

We are still loving our workboxes. Senior really enjoys them and follows them to the T! He does not like it when we have the occasional lazy Monday (after co-op) and I don't have the boxes packed.


Today:

Box#1- this box is always "Circle Time". It has his calender notebook and any Bible work that he might have. Today he is coloring his "Jesus is the Rock" poster piece.

Box#2- this box is always math. Today we have a Math U See worksheet.

Box#3- this box is his reading box. This week he does not have a chapter book while we do some reading comprehension drills.

After the first three boxes break for snack.


Box#4- Today we have First Language Lesson work.

Box#5- Today we have All About Spelling dictation.

Box#6- Senior will being playing a little bit of Add It. Included are the doubles flash cards, a dry erase marker and eraser.

Box#7- During baby nap time we will be making "Poor Richard's Almanac" for our study of Benjamin Franklin with Adventures in MFW.

Then, according to his schedule, he will have 30 minutes of book basket followed by lunch (yeah, we are off today, hee hee).

After lunch, he will have his first study of Tchaikovsky with MFW.



Although the magazine holder/magnet tags/magnetic schedule work well in Senior's small work area I still drool over.....
I would love to have 12 drawers (instead of the 7 we have now) and would really like to be able to put all of the needed materials together.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for linking up, I like your wall pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw your link on confessions of a homeschooler. I have tried other things for the workboxes. My sister had an extra 10 drawer workbox like Confessions so we will be using that starting next week. I love the 12 drawer one. The 10 drawer one will work but to have those extra 2 drawers would be awesome. I think your system looks good too.

    ReplyDelete