Friday, September 17, 2010

Apple Unit - Part 2

We had a lot of fun this week finishing up our Apple Unit. This week we concentrated on "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World".


Other books we used this week in addition to last weeks books:


One of the activities for "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World" was too make homemade butter. The really AWESOME thing was that it was also an activity this week for Adventures in MFW! I just think that is great! Here is Senior this morning shaking our jar of cream. Sorry for the long face, he is not feeling well today :(


Gator-Tot loved it!


Here is our butter. Too bad my boys don't eat butter on anything not even toast (yes, I know, strange). Daddy and I will enjoy :)

This was Senior looking for all of the countries mentioned in "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World".
Of course we had to make a homemade apple pie. This was my first time to make a homemade crust and now I know why I always buy refrigerated dough, ha ha.


Cutting up the apples. I really need to work on Senior's knife skills, ha ha.


While we were cooking, Senior worked on his "How to Make on Apple Pie and Do Some Math" sheets. This was advanced for him but I think it was a wonderful way to see how we use math everyday.


Our finished work! Not the prettiest pie ever but we made the best memories!

The boys also used the sequence cards to put the parts of the story in order. They both enjoyed this.



Our finished lapbook! This is the cover.


Inside view. I got all of the pritables from Homeschool Share: Apple Unit, "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World".


Close up of the left side.


Close up of the right side where most of our "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World" work is.


Back.


I even made a pocket. Not too bad for our first lapbook- I think.

Although we had a great time on this unit study, I am glad it is over. I have had dreams this week about apples, ha ha. Maybe in a few weeks we will start another- I am thinking about leaves or just fall?

Apple Unit Part 1
Apple Picking Field Trip

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your apple lapbook (and appreciate the inspiration for our own --in process-- apple book!).
    Your apple pie looks yummy -- definitely on my list of things to do!
    Thanks for all the links you posted as well -- we're using some of them in our book.
    Great work (and looks like lots of fun too!).

    ReplyDelete