Thursday, September 9, 2010

Apple Unit Study- Part 1

This week we started on week one of a two week study of apples. This is my first attempt at a multi- age unit study. This is also our first Lapbook. Take a peak at this weeks Tot-School post to see the activities focused on Gator-Tot.

This week we concentrated on apples in general and also the book "The Apple Pie Tree". I got the printables from Homeschool Share.

Making apple prints.Senior made apple prints inside our double lapbook.

Fingerprint apples.


My little orchard complete with little Freshman apples ;-)


Putting together this weeks half of the lapbook.


Senior had a great time working on his Apple Math from Hubbard's Cupboard.


Wow, an apple tree even grew in the classroom overnight :D


Here are the books from this week:
This weekend is a field trip to go apple picking!! Next week, we are focusing on "How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World" (Thank you so much Bev!).

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE what you did with apples and used it for inspiration in our school year (as you already know).
    Yes, I did see the lapbook on Sarah Noble, not sure if we'll use it or not -- don't want to make things overwhelming and take the joy of of them.
    As to incorporating them into MFW -- this is our first year and we are still learning the ropes. If inspiration strikes I'll be sure to share it.
    Love your blog -- enjoy reading all about the fun stuff you all do!

    ReplyDelete